Chapter 2

** I couldn't remember the year tmi was set in so i just made it the present year**

Clary, New York 2013

I look at my watch, then back at the door and sigh. Isabelle was always 'fashionably late' but this was ridiciulous! I check my phone - no missed calls or texts- i bring up Isabelle's contact on my phone and hit call. It'd be a miracle if she picked up this time! "Hello" "Finally! I've been calling you for the past hour, where the hell are you?!" "What do you mean?" "I mean the demon's party starts in 10 minutes and your not here to help me get ready," "Shit! I'll be right there!" Yeah right I think as she hangs up. I walk over to my wardrobe and open it, theres absolutly nothing in here that you'd wear to a party, let alone a party that was full of demons. Suddenly theres a knock at the door, i open it, it's Isabelle, "Wow you got here pretty fast," "Yeah well you're a fashion emergency and -" She says looking at my wardrobe, "it looks like we're gonna have to go shopping," No way! "We wont have time," I point out desperately, "Hmm you're right, looks like we'll have to make do with what you have," She pulls out a black dress that she bought me - that i have never ever worn - and grabs a pair of scissors, "What are you doing?" That dress is short enough as it is. "Just making a few adjustments," She replyed. When she'd done she handed me the dress, "Hurry up and put it on!" I sigh and head into my bathroom. This is gonna be one hell of a night.

Isabelle and i are about to walk into the party when my phone starts to ring. Isabelle looks at me impatiently while i reach into my dress and take it out. Why can't these things come with pockets? I look at the caller ID, its Jace, "Whats up?" "Where the hell are you?" "Outside," "Okay we'll come and meet you," Then he hung up. Ugh boys I put my phone back in my dress. I swear to god if it starts to ring again . . . "What the hell are you wearing?!" I turn around to see Alec looking at me like im a hooker i probably look like one "A dress that Isabelle bought and then decided it was too long so she cut it shorter" Alec looked over at Isabelle, "For her," he said pointing at me, "Slut is an understatement," "Oh come on Alec she looks pretty," "She looks like a hooker who hooks up with other hookers," Isabelle rolled her eyes, "I can freaking see her underwear," i pull my dress down while shooting Isabelle a glare, "Oh come on demons like it like that," Alec looked at Isabelle, "Jace is so gonna kill you, you know that right," "Speaking of Jace where is he?" Suddenly Jace walked out and looked at her, "What the hell are you wearing?!" Alec snorted, "Izzy's sense of fashion," Jace glared at Isabelle, if looks could kill she'd be dead by now. I rolled my eyes, "Come on you guys, we've got demons to kill, which is more important than worrying bout the length of my dress," I stalked passed them. Jace followed right behind me. He grabbed my hand and whispered in my ear, "Stay close to me, cause you look like a freaking hooker," "I know Alec constantly said so," i whispered back, as we walked into the party.