Chapter 17

** Okay so i sort of broke my Clary and Tessa's POV's only rule and threw in a part from Jace, but im sure you guys won't mind :) **

Clary, New York 2013

I haven't seen Jace since that day when he and Will were looking for Amy, since that day when he told me to mind my own business. I still have no idea why he wanted to talk to Amy and it's driving me crazy, now I know how those girls at school felt when their boyfriends hung out with other girls, at least their boyfriends weren't looking for demonic crazy girls and refuse to tell their girlfriends why! Tessa and I have come no farther in our search and she hasn’t seen Will either so our week has pretty much been quite a downer.

Tessa has gone out shopping with Izzy, Sophie, Charlotte and Jessamine. They had asked me to come too but I didn't feel like pretending to be extremely happy and besides I might be able to finally see Jace for the first time in days. I'm sitting in the library again for like the hundredth time this week, I still haven't found anything and its driving me crazy. I'm beginning to think that I should've gone shopping with the girls, because I am so freaking bored! I'm just about to go sleep when I hear the door open. Jace walks in, he obviously wasn't expecting  me to be there because when he saw me he practically freaked out but was clearly trying to hide it, which wasn't working, I would've laughed at how cute he was being if I wasn't so worried about him and too busy hating Amy. 

There's this sort of awkward tension between us, I decide to be the first one to break it, "Hi," "Hey," well at least he answered me, "Uh," he said, "If you're busy I can come back later," I shook my head, "I don't mind," He just stands there for a few more minutes and then turns around and leaves. I turn back to the diary and try not to let Jace bother me. Too late. Tears have already begun to fall onto the diary, blurring the words and ruining the pages. Frustrated, I throw the diary against the wall , hard. Something falls out from the back - a letter of some sort - and I know this is what we've been looking for.

Jace, New York 2013

I slam the door to my room in frustration. I needed to find that girl's diary, Amy should've had it but when Will and I checked her room it wasn't there. Not to mention the fact that Amy hadn't been seen for days. I sigh, I wasn't expecting Clary to be there in the library, I couldn't stand the way she was looking at me, like everything was fine, even though it wasn't. Will and I had found out that Clary and Tessa were marked - whatever that means - and we were trying to find the last girl's diary so we could do something about it. I hate keeping Clary in the dark but she'd be safer this way. Wouldn't she?