Chapter 22

** So sorry for not updating like i said i would, but i've been busy. I also have realised that i've been focusing on Clace more than any couple and that i've been favouring Clary over Tessa and Will over Jem. I will try and fix this for the rest of the story so sorry guys. Love you all, keep reading!!! **

Tessa, New York 2013

I couldn't sleep at all tonight. I know I should because I'm going to need it, but I just can't. I sigh and get up. I walk down to the library, maybe a good book will help me sleep. I walk in and scan the shelves for anything that looks interesting. There's nothing, just a lot of books on fighting technique and demons and historical stuff. I wish the library was bigger, maybe there's something here to read that I haven't found yet. As I keep searching I hear the door open and someone walk in. I step out from behind the shelves and see Will walk in. "Hey," I say, surprising him. "Hey," he responds quietly. "Couldn't sleep?" I ask. "Something like that." He seems distracted, I decide to leave him to his thoughts and turn back to the shelves. "Tess?" I hear Will call out, its more like he was asking himself a question than just calling my name. "Yes?" I say sticking my head out from behind the shelves. He looks like he's about to say something really important, but then changes his mind. "Uh, nothing, it's okay, never mind." "Oh." I say, turning, once again, back to the shelves. Will was beginning to worry me. What do you want to tell me? Why won't you tell me? Will sighs. "Tess, I'm worried about you." I let out a small laugh. "You're not the only one." Will watched me as I placed a book on the shelf. "Tessa, It's just dangerous, and I worry okay." "Oh, so you don't want me to come tomorrow, that's what you're saying." Will sighed. "Of course I don't want you to come tomorrow, but that's not going to stop you, I'm just worried." "Well I can take care of myself just fine!" Will is starting to frustrate me. "I didn't mean it like that! I know you can, but still-" He trailed off. I soften my voice. "But you don't want me to cause you want me to be safe." Will looked at me. "Do you want me to be sorry about it?" I look up at him and our eyes meet. "No." It's barely a whisper but I think he heard it. Will cups my face in his hands and I wrap my arms around his neck. I reach up and kiss him.

Clary, New York 2013

I can't stop tossing and turning, it's been a horrible night. I just can't seem to fall asleep. I let out a sigh of frustration and get out of bed. I pull one of Jace's hoodies over my head and leave my room. I walk the short distance from my room to Jace's and knock on his bedroom door. "Come in." Jace calls out, his voice muffled by the door. I open it and walked in. Jace was sitting up on his bed, clearly not able to sleep either. "Hey." Jace said. "Hey." I said sitting down next to him. "Can't sleep?" Jace asked, moving his arm so it circled around my waist, pulling me closer. "No." I said. Resting my head on his shoulder. "Me either." He responds. "I just can't stop thinking about all the things that could go wrong." I confess. "You and me both." He says quietly. I sigh and press closer to him, neither of us ask the unspoken question. Why didn't you tell me? Jace fingers the bottom of my - well his - hoodie. "Is this mine?" He asks. I smile. "Maybe. Jace laughs softly. I move so I'm sitting on his lap, I snuggle closer to him. Jace moves his hand up to my hair and plays with the curls at the end. I rest my head against his chest and fall asleep to the rhythm of his heartbeat.