Chapter 4

Clary, New York 2013 

I sigh as i throw myself down on the couch refusing to think about the disaster that was tonight. They'd been caught and barley escaped with their livesIf only Jace hadn't killed that demon then we would've been fine. Suddenly the whole institute shakes and a portal opens up a few feet in front of me. Seven people tumble out of the portal, they all look like they're from the 1800's or something. They all stand up and brush their selves off and look around. A girl turns around to look at me, she has long brown hair and this exquisite angel thing around her neck. She's looking at me like i just killed her pet cat or something. Well i do look like a hooker wearing the worlds shortest dress AND i have demon claw marks all over me. "Uh, hi," I say, "Can i help you?" They're all looking at me now. I seriously wish i'd gone and got changed. "Hello," One of the men say, "I'm Henry and these are my companians, we're a bit lost where are we?" "You're in the York instituite," "And uh what year is this?" Okaayy weird question "2013," A girl in the back shrieked "2013! By the angel Henry what have you done!" Henry looked startled, "Uh i'm not quite sure Jessamine," "Not quite sure!! Henry if you hadn't noticed we're not in London 1878 anymore!" Wait what! "London 1878?" I say, Henry smiles, "Yep we're from the london institute in 1878, you see i'm an inventor and i was working on a portal that travels through time as well as space and it looks like it worked" Okay so i basically have ancient shadowhunters in the institute. Great. "Uh, okay," A woman stepped out from the back, "Oh, i'm sorry where are my manners, I'm Charlotte Branwell and this is my husband Henry," Henry waved. "This," Charlotte said gesturing towards the girl with the long brown hair, "Is Tessa Gray," Tessa smiled, "And this is Jem Carstairs," She  said pointing to the man with the silver hair, "Hello," Jem said, "This is Sophie Collins and Jessamine Lovelace," Charlotte said pointing to the other two women, Sophie smiled whilest Jessamine just gave her a dirty look, "And this is Will Herondale," Not another one. Will just gave her a look that said, 'Yeah i know i'm sexy," Yep another one. I smiled, "I'm Clary Fray, pleased to meet you," Just then Jace, Izzy and Alec walk in. They're all talking to one another and fail to notice the fact that there are seven other shadowhunters in the room. Henry smiles at them, "Hello there," They all turn around to look at Henry, Izzy's eyes went wide, "Uh hi, who are you?" Henry smiles and points to each of the shadow hunters in turn, "I'm Henry Branwell and this is my wife Charlotte, that's Tessa Gray, this is Jem Carstairs, over there is Sophie Collins and Jessamine Lovelace, and this is Will Herondale," Izzy eye's almost fell out of her head when Henry said that, Jace and Alec looked startled as well. "They're from the London institute in 1878," I say, "1878?" Alec asks, "Henry created a portal that travels through time as well as space and they ended up here," "Ah okay," Alec made a face at her, I turn back around to Charlotte and her friends, "These are my friends Isabelle Lightwood and her brother Alec," Will snorted at that, Isabelle glared at him, "Find that funny do you?" Charlotte glared at Will, "Will stop that!" "Sorry," Will said still laughing, "And this is my boyfriend Jace Herondale," Everyone froze at that, Jace just smirked loving the attention, Will just stared at him. Jem seemed to say what everyone was thinking, "By the angel there's two of them,"