Chapter 31

Clary, Annwn Mountain 2013

Amy smirked. "Long time no see Clary." Simon coughs and Amy shoot him a look full of distain. "Simon." She turned her attention back to me. I glared at her. "What do you want Amy?" I growl. "Oh, it wasn't obvious? I want you dead." She said her voice poisonously sweet. "Leave her alone!" Simon shouted. "What did she ever do to you?" Amy glared at him, she jerked her hand to the right and Simon's head twisted with a sickening crack and he fell to the ground. "SIMON!" I screamed. Amy snorted. "Oh he'll be fine, he's a vampire remember? Now we have peace and quiet to talk." I scowled at her. "What?!" I snap. She smirked. "I'm going to enjoy killing you." Amy took a menacing step forward. But I wasn’t scared, my head was screaming that I should be, but I wasn’t. "Can I ask why you want to kill me?" Amy laughed. "Wow, I thought you were smarter than that Clarissa." I tense at her using my full name. "I thought for sure that you would've figured it out by now." "Figured what out?" Amy shook her head and sighed. "I really am wasting my time here aren't I?" I just glared at her. Amy opened her mouth to say something, but was interrupted when a skeleton walked into the room, like a real life walking skeleton. It moved over to Amy and whispered something in her ear. She nodded and the skeleton left. Amy turned her attention back to me. "Enchanted skeletons." She explained. I realised that's what must have taken me and Simon. "Now." Amy said. "I have some important matters to attend to, so I'll see you later." And with that she turned and walked out of the room, plunging it into complete darkness once again.

Tessa, Annwn Mountain 2013

None of us had any idea how long we'd been walking around looking for Clary and Simon, there was just no sign of them. We were all exhausted as we dragged our feet out of a tunnel and into a clearing, which I swear we had been to at least three times before. "We've been here already!" Will shouts. Jem placed a hand on his shoulder. "Will, just calm down." Will huffed and sat down. Isabelle sighed. "He's right though, we've been here at least three times." Jace kicked a rock along the ground in frustration. "How can there be no sight of them?! They can't have just disappeared into thin air!" Jace kicked another rock. "Well technically they-" Magnus started to say but was silenced with a glare from Jace. "Jace is right." I suddenly hear myself say. Everyone turns to face me. "They'd have to be here, how else do you explain all the blood on the wall if they weren't?" Magnus nodded. "She's got a point, they're here somewhere." "Let's go back." Jace said. "There's obviously something we missed." "Okay." Alec said carefully. "But let's just rest here for a little bit." Jace looked at him incredulously. "The more time we waste-" "We'll be no help to them if we're exhausted, we've been searching for hours." Jace sighed. "Fine then." He growled, making it clear he didn't like it. I sat down and Isabelle sat down next to me. "Look at him." She said, watching Jace - who was pacing back and forth. "Every second without her, he dies a little more inside."