Chapter 28

Clary, Annwn Mountain 2013

I wake up to complete darkness, everything hurts. I let out a groan and roll over, I stay on my side for a while waiting for my eyes to adjust. When they do I sit up, my head is thumping. I see another figure in the darkness. Jace. I crawl over to him. "Jace." I whisper shaking him. He didn't wake up. "Jace." I say, louder now. Still nothing. "Jace!" I'm screaming now. No no no no no no no no no. "Jace! Jace please." He let's out a groan and sits up. I let out a sigh of relief. "Jace!" "Hey." He says quietly, turning to face me. A look of concern crossed his face. "Clary, what's wrong?" It takes me a second to realise that I've been crying. "I thought I lost you." I barely whisper. He pulls me into a hug and I sob quietly. "Hey, hey it's okay." Jace murmurs, stroking my hair. "Sorry." I say, pulling away and wiping my eyes. "You don't need to be sorry." Jace said, his hands still in my hair.  "I'm the one who's sorry for scaring you like that." I look up at him, a small smile crossing my face. "Yeah, don't you ever dare do that to me again." I say, pointing an accusing finger at him. He lets out a small laugh and stands up, pulling me to my feet. I let out another groan, my whole body is throbbing. I look up. "How far did we fall?" Jace looks up. "Excellent question darling." I look at him and raise an eyebrow. "Darling?" He grins. "You don't like it?" I just shrug. "It just sounds like something Magnus would say." Jace laughed. "Yeah, you're right." I scoff. "Since when am I ever wrong?" Jace pokes his tongue out at me. I poke mine out right back at him. We both break off laughing. Suddenly everything starts shaking - I'm pretty sure it’s the whole mountain - and it's not like a little shake, it's a massive violent one. I let out a little squeal as I fall over. I have had enough with the falling! But I never hit the ground because Jace catches me. Since when did you have amazing balancing skills? I cling onto him as the ground shakes. Holding up the both of us is clearly a lot harder for Jace and after a few seconds we fall over. I fall on top of Jace, his arms wrap around my back, pressing me closer to him. That's when I realise that the shaking has stopped, I'm still breathing quite heavy but I don't think that's because of the shaking. My heart feels like it's going 100 miles per hour. I am very consciously aware of the parts of me that were touching Jace. From the look he gave me I was pretty sure he was too. He opens his mouth to say something, but he doesn't get the time to say it because I've already pressed my mouth to his. Jace rolls me over and I feel the rocks on the ground dig into my back. But I don't care. Jace moves his hands down to my hips and I drape my right leg around his waist. He let's out a small moan and I wrap my arms around his neck. Our tongues clash, desperate to taste and explore each other's mouths. Jace runs his hands up over my waist and then my stomach and I let out a little gasp. Jace begins kissing my neck, each kiss running downwards towards my collarbone. I run my hands down his back and tug at his shirt, pulling it up and over his head. He does the exact same thing with my singlet. I kiss him again, pressing closer. Closer. Closer. Closer. Suddenly there's a noise that sounds a lot like footsteps and then the room fills with light and I hear a voice say. "Hey guys over here! I found th-" we both turn to see Alec standing there, his face bright red. Isabelle appears next to him. "Oh really you two! That is disgusting! WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A MOUNTAIN AND IF YOU DIDN'T NOTICE YOU FELL DOWN A MASSIVE HOLE!" She practically shouts. "Well." Jace said dryly. "We weren't exactly expecting you to walk in on us now were we?" Everyone else appears then.  I press closer into the ground, wishing it would open me up and swallow me whole. "And we also weren't expecting an audience. A little privacy maybe?" Jace said, clearly noticing my discomfort. Both Simon and Alec were red and spluttering, Will looked like he was about to burst out laughing, Tessa and Jem looked uncomfortable, Magnus looked slightly amused and Isabelle looked just plain annoyed. "Come on already, you can have sex when you get home right now we are sort of busy." "Yeah well we are sort of busy too Isabelle." Jace said. Isabelle glared at him but before she could retort Magnus cut in. "Okay, yeah we get it now can the two of you get dressed please?" Jace grumbled getting off me. I pull my singlet back over my head, and grab Jace's hand and he pulls me up. He wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him and glares at Isabelle as we walk past. Isabelle throws up her hands and mutters something under her breath about how annoying teenage hormones are.