Chapter 7

Clary, New York 2013

Ugh. Jessamine wont stop complaining about how all the clothes here either wont fit or are too unfashionable. How can she even know whats fashionable?! SHE'S FROM THE 1800'S FOR THE ANGELS SAKE!! I lean over to Izzy, "I'm never going clothes shopping with her again okay!" I whisper to her, "I know how you feel," Isabelle said grouchily. Tessa, Sophie and Charlotte already have thousands of outfits that Jessamine picked for them - though they didn't buy them cause they were dreadful - and yet she couldn't pick any for herself! Jessamine walked over to us, "Just lemme try one more store," "NO!" Tessa shouted at her, "We've been to 20 stores and Charlotte, Sophie, Clary, Isabelle and I are ready to go, you can borrow some of our clothes!" Jessamine glared at Tessa "Fine! I'll just come back later then!" She stormed off out of the shopping centre - shoving quite a few people along the way - we were about to follow her when there was a scream coming from the level above us. We all looked at each other and ran for the escalators, when we reach the top everyone is crowding around someone, a girl, a mundane girl whose face has been mangled beyond reconigion, who is coved with infected demon wounds. "By the angel, another girl?" Tessa gasped, "What are you talking about?" Sophie asked puzzled, "The exact same thing happened to a mundane girl in the institute last night," I explain to her. We hadn't had a chance to fill the others in about last night and now it looks like they found out the hard way.