Chapter 19

Clary, New York 2013

Everyone was gathered in the living room when Tessa and I walked in. We stop just before the door, I make a shh motion with my finger and we both lean in, "So," Isabelle said, "What you're saying is that Amy is some kind of demon trying to kill Clary and Tessa? No offence but I'm not buying it,"  Tessa and I look at each other wide eyed, How did they find out?  "Believe what you want Isabelle but we need that diary," Will said, "Clary and Tessa's lives depend on it," Jace said, "Come on Izzy, since when has Jace been wrong about something as serious as this?" Alec asked, Isabelle sighed, "I'm in, but do you have any idea where you'll find this diary?" "Maybe if we told Tessa and Clary they'd have an idea?" Jem said, "NO!" Jace and Will said in unison. Tessa and I looked at each other, it was time for us to cut in now. We walked through the door and everyone froze - it was so funny I was tempted to laugh - and I gave them a look of concern, "Is there something wrong?" That snapped them out their silence, "Nope!" Isabelle called out cheerfully, "Everything's fine," Tessa smiled, "That's good," She said and walked over to a couch in the corner and pulled out the girl's diary and began to 'read', "What are you reading?" Will asked, Tessa looked up at Will and smiled, "Oh, it's the diary of one of the girls, you know the one's who are marked," Everyone stared at Tessa, "Really?" Will managed to choke out, "That's interesting," "Uh, where did you find it?" Jace asked, "It was in Amy's room," I said, "She left it on her bedside table, obviously doing a bit of late night reading," Isabelle looked thoughtful, "It's almost like she wanted you to find it," I smile, "No because she was looking for this," and I pull out the letter, "What's that?" Jace asked, "It's a letter explaining what being marked means and how to destroy Lilith," Tessa said, "But if you guys want the diary, go right ahead cause there's absolutely nothing in there that could even be considered useful,"  I say, I'm trying not to be smug about this - I really am - but I can't help  but feel extremely smug about the looks on their faces, they were so not expecting that.