Chapter 16

Tessa, New York 2013

It won't stop raining, this morning it even hailed. Clary's convinced that Amy has something to do with it, but who's heard of a weather controlling demon psycho? Exactly my point. Though what else could be the cause of this weather? Jessamine has been complaining non stop about what the humidity is doing to her hair, Isabelle was this close to strangling her yesterday and if Charlotte hadn't been there to tell Jessamine to be quiet I'm pretty sure she would have. Anyway Clary and I have been trying to figure out what on earth this 'marked' thing is all about. We'd made absolutely no progress, but neither of us was losing hope, well I hope we weren't.

Clary came charging into my room at 6:00 in the morning, "What do you want?" I groan. Can't she let a girl sleep? "Come on Tessa! I found something!" "Ugh, I'm coming," I get up and follow her to the library. Clary grabs a book from one of the shelves, "Here," she said passing it to me, "It's the diary of one of the girls," What?! "Where did you find this?" "In Amy's bedroom," I look at Clary, "You went into Amy's room?" "Yes," I sigh, "You're insane," She smirks, "Thank you," We both laugh.

Over the next few days we've been looking at the diary. We haven't found anything interesting apart from the fact that this girl liked Tim Tam's. A lot. Clary and i were bent over the book in the library when the doors flew open and Jace and Will came storming in. Will reached the table first and said, "Have either of you seen Amy?" "No why?" I replied. Will just shrugged, "No reason," Yeah, right. "Then why did you two come storming in here like she just slept with you and never called and then made out with your best friend in front of you to piss you off?" Clary said. I look at her, "Personal experience?" Clary shruggs, "Kinda," Jace just looks at her, "Friend of mine," She said. Will shook his head, "Anyway, you haven't seen her?" "No," Clary said and then muttered to me, "Thankfully," I giggled. The both of them let out a sigh of annoyance - at the exact same time - and walked off. Clary frowned and walked up to Jace, i couldn't hear what she was saying, but Jace seemed to just brush her off, leaving her looking like he'd just slapped her. When they left i went up to Clary, "What's wrong?" "He wouldn't tell me and when i asked again, he told me to butt out cause it was none of my business," Yikes, I didn't know much about Jace and Clary but i could tell that this wasn't normal, the poor thing looked close to tears. As we hugged, i could tell that this was Amy's fault, that she was tearing everything up and she was making sure it hurt.