Chapter 25

Clary, Annwn Mountain 2013

There are crystal steps that spiral up to the top of the mountain. I guess that’s where we're going. I start heading up the stairs and the others follow. I hold my witchlight high up and it bounces off the crystal, illuminating the whole mountain.  The stairs end and we come to a platform that branches off into four separate tunnels. We don't even really need to talk about who's going with who as Jace says. "So Clary and I will take the tunnel on the left, Izzy and Simon the one next to that, then Alec and Magnus the one after that and Will, Tessa and Jem will take the one on the right." Everyone nodded their agreement while Will snorted. "Oh so who made you boss?" Jace just glared at Will. Tessa and I shared a look, I grabbed Jace by the arm and she grabbed Will. We both dragged them off before they could once again start bitching at each other.

Jace and I walked through the tunnel, which seemed to be getting narrower and narrower. Jace was still grumbling about how annoying Will was when I heard a loud blast from behind us. We both freeze and turn around, just in time to see the path behind us explode.

Tessa, Annwn Mountain 2013 

Will, Jem and I walk into the tunnel on the right. Will is, naturally complaining about Jace. "Honestly! I swear he's so annoying and so full of himself! He thinks he's the best thing to ever walk the Earth!" Jem laughed. "I wonder where he get's that from." Will glared at Jem. "I am nothing like th-" "Your offspring, your problem." Jem shrugged and walked ahead. The both of them walked off bickering, I was laughing to myself when I heard it. This massive exploding sound coming directly from behind us. I turn around to see the opening of the tunnel catch on fire. "Run!" Will shouted. We all turned and ran. I have had enough running for one day! The tunnel branches off into a smaller cave and we practically throw ourselves in to get away from the flames.