Chapter 5

*Sorry for the wait but i've been busy, but i'm going to try to aim for writing at least one chapter a week*

Tessa, New York 2013

I sigh and look up at the ceiling, i can't sleep, it's just too uncomfortable and i cant stop thinking bout that boy Jace. He's a decendant of Will, but how? Will's the only male child in his family so he has to be a decendant of him, but that means Will gets married and who could put with him enough to marry him? Well whoever it is i feel sorry for them. I let out a frustrated sigh and pull back the covers and get out of the bed. I open the door and walk down the stairs to the library.

As i walk in through the library doors i can immediantly see its smaller than the one in the London institute but it should have what i'm looking for. I walk over to where the family trees are kept. I scan the H's but there's no Herondale. What! Every institute should have the family tree for all shadowhunter families. As i wonder where the hell the Herondale family tree went i hear a scream from upstairs. I rush out of the library and run upstairs and bump head first into Will, "Wow, Tessa are you okay?" "Yeah i'm fine who screamed?" "I dont know, but it came from over there" he said pointing down the hall, i turn and run down the hall Will literally two steps behind me.

We burst through a set of doors into an empty bedroom at the same time as Clary and Jace do on the opposite side of the room, "Who screamed?" Clary asked. I shrug my shoulders. As we look around the room i notice some blood on the floor. How did that get there? It seems to be coming from under the bed. I lift up the covers and let out a scream.