Chapter 24

Clary, New York 2013

I'm staring into the portal that Magnus made, he says that'll take us to Annwn Mountain but he's never been there so everyone was clearly nervous about going through. "Are you sure that it'll lead us straight to Annwn Mountain Magnus? We're not going to end up in the middle of nowhere right?" Isabelle asked for the 15th time. "Isabelle for the last time Annwn Mountain is a separate dimension. It leads straight to that dimension." Izzy sighed. "Okay." Everyone cast another wary look at the portal. "By the angel this is ridiculous!" I exclaim and walk towards the portal. "Clary!" Jace called out and grabbed my arm. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow. Jace dropped his hand down to mine and we clutched each others hands. We faced the portal and stepped into it.

Clary, Annwn Mountain 2013

Jace and I are thrown out of the portal onto a smooth crystal like surface. Jace pulls me to my feet and we both look up. "Wow." I breathed. Annwn Mountain was made purely of crystal and the tallest thing I've ever seen. Taller than Mount Everest, it shot up to the sky and beyond. Snow was falling, making the whole picture look like something from a dream. It was beautiful, truly breathtaking. I hear the others come through the portal behind us. "So this is Annwn Mountain?" Simon asked. "It's really pretty." Magnus snorted. "See I told you we'd get here, but did anyone listen? No." Alec walked over to Magnus and murmured something to him. Magnus smiled and pulled Alec in for a kiss. Will choked and Alec blushed and pulled away. Tessa hit Will. "What?! That's not normal back in our time." That caused Alec to blush even more and stare at the ground. "WILL!" Tessa and Jem said in unison. Isabelle glared at Will. "Let's just get on with finding this Rune Stone." Alec nodded. "Yeah, uh huh, that’s a good idea." We all start walking towards the Mountain when I suddenly get a very dark feeling. I turn around as everyone keeps walking up the hill. That's when I see them.

Tessa, Annwn Mountain 2013

As we walk I notice Clary's stopped. I turn around to see why she stopped and I freeze at the sight. Thousands and thousands of Kuri demons are walking towards us. "Uh guys." Clary said. No one turned around. "GUYS!" Clary and I shouted. They turned around at that. Jace and Will swore. "RUN!" Isabelle shrieked. We dash towards Annwn Mountain as fast as we can. I don't think I've run faster in my entire life. Our footsteps hammer the ground as we race away from the Kuri. "Look!" Jem panted. "Up ahead, there's an opening." I look up and I see it, a small crack in the side of the mountain. I let out a sigh of relief. Which is short lived when I take a glance behind us, the Kuri are literally less than a meter away from us. We reach the opening and everyone throws themselves inside. I feel something close around my ankle and I turn around and see that one of them has grabbed me with their pincers. I let out a scream. It begins dragging me towards the entrance of the cave. I scream again. "Tessa!" Will shouts. I feel eight pairs of arms grab me and pull me back. We're stronger than the demon and I slip out of its grip. The demon stays by the entrance accompanied by thousands of others. "Is everyone okay?" Clary asks. I nod as Will and Jem pull me to my feet. We turn to face the entrance. "Well I don’t think we'll be coming back this way." Jace said. Isabelle nodded in agreement. Alec shivered. "See this is why I hate spiders." 

**Kuri demon can be found on page 72 of The Shadowhunter's Codex**