II.

May 16th 2000.
New York, New York.

I walked with heavy feet to my apartment door and leaned against the wooden door for support as I unlocked it. As soon as I got into my apartment I threw my bag and keys onto the kitchen bench and shuffled over to the couch, collapsing in a heap . The apartment was silent and I started to drift off until I was loudly woken.

"Cass is that you?" my room mate and colleague Jordan called out to me from her bedroom.

I groaned loudly at being disturbed and shouted back, "Yeah I'm home!"

"Come here" I huffed and slowly trudged to her room. I opened the door to find her sprawled out in her bed with an eye mask covering her face. She flipped open her comforter and patted the empty space to the right of her "In".

I giggled and removed my heels crawling into the bed beside her and getting under the bright purple covers. Quickly she pulled me towards her with my back facing her front, spooning me. She was always like this, no personal space at all. I must admit I loved it, especially after a long night out. "Happy?"

"Mhmm". She hugged me closer to her, her warm breath tickling my neck as she spoke. "Why are you home so late? I thought you were just having drinks with Amy."

"Yeah well, she cancelled."

"Again? Man she can be such a bitch sometimes. I'll put her in her place. Let me guess, she wanted to spend time with her precious David?"

"Yup."

"When will she realize that he is a massive tool?"

"She won't. I don't really care though I managed to make my own fun".

"Oh I bet you did. Tell me all about it, or them I should say." I turned in her arms to face her and ripped off her face mask. "Cassie...too bright!" she grimaced at the early morning light beginning to seep through the curtains. Jordan would sleep her life away if she could.

"Shhh" I placed a finger over her lips. "Do you wanna hear about it or not?"

"Yeah yeah, go on"Jordan snuggled back into the covers.

"Okay, so after I was cancelled on by Amy I ordered some shots because I was mad".

"Understandable".

"Then behind me I heard somebody order the same and I turned to see this major hot piece of ass. I mean, really hot Jords" we both laughed. "Basically he payed for my drink and we flirted for a bit, he kept telling me how much he liked my honesty and confidence-"

"And we all know just how honest you can be..."

"Jords get over it okay, the dress didn't look good on you and I wasn't going to let you go out like that! I was doing you a favor" referring to the small argument we had the other day.

"I know I'm just playing."

"Okay, so then he told me he liked what he saw 'blah blah blah' and I was like is that so? Then at the perfect time Big Poppa came on, and you know how that song makes me feel."

"Horny." I hit her on the arm and slightly blushed whilst laughing at how well she knew me.

"Anyways..I'll speed up the story a bit. We started dancing to the song and then left to go to his hotel-"

"Hotel?"

"Yeah he's umm..." I didn't want to tell her it was Eminem just yet. "here on work. We were in the hot tub talking for ages and smoking and I've honestly never felt this comfortable with someone I've just met. I dunno if it was the alcohol or what but it was really, really nice. One thing led to another and we ended up having the best sex I think I've ever had with a hookup. No joke."