XII.

August 28th 2000.
New York, New York.

My eyes glazed over as I looked out of my bedroom window watching the morning sun shine through my thin curtains. I could hear Jordan pottering around outside; eating breakfast and singing lightly along to the radio. My mind began wandering as I lay in bed, slowly waking up and enjoying a relaxed morning. I miss him. I miss him so much. Marshall and I hadn't seen each other in a week, which in reality wasn't long. But for some reason it felt like a lifetime. We called each other every night before we went to sleep, sometimes talking for a couple hours and sometimes hardly at all due to his busy schedule. I wanted nothing more to cuddle him in my bed and study his body which I loved so much. Every scar. Every freckle. Every curve. I shook my head and got out of bed, trying to erase the thoughts out of my brain. What was I doing thinking about him like that? I need to get a grip. I threw on an over sized grey hoodie and shuffled out into the main living area to be greeted by a smiling Jordan.

"I don't think you've ever been up before me" I croaked in my morning voice whilst I set up a plate with some of the pancakes she'd made.

"I couldn't sleep". She looked absolutely giddy with her wide smile and excited tone.

"What is up with you? You've been weird all week". I stuffed my face with a pancake getting maple syrup all over my face and hands. "Must be Mike. You're all loved up" I spluttered.

"Mhmm".

"TLC will be playing tonight at Madison Square Garden! The show is completely sold-out so unless you have your tickets already, you're fresh out of luck! The trio is set to hit the stage at 8pm so be sure to line up early. You won't want to miss a thing" the radio presenter in the background annoyingly announced.

"Ugh. Turn that shit off" I groaned whilst flicking the radio off at the wall. "I can't believe we missed out on tickets to that show. Jordan?" I asked when she didn't reply.

"Huh? Oh, same I-" she was interrupted my a sharp knock on the door.

"That's weird, did you order something?" I hopped off my seat and walked towards the door. When I peered through the peep hole I saw a delivery guy standing there with a large bouquet of flowers and small red box. "I think Mike got you flowers or something".

Cautiously I opened the door to the smiling man, he looked down at his clipboard. "Package for uh, Cassie Rosario?"

"That's me?"

"Cool, can you sign this for me?" I scribbled down a signature and then he handed me box and the large bouquet full of beautiful pale pink peonies, coincidentally my favorite flower. "Have a good day ma'am".

"Yeah you too" I muttered and then kicked the door shut with my foot.

"Who's it from?" Jordan piped up as I placed the flowers on the counter. I opened up the little box to see it had a note placed in it; 'Have fun tonight -Marshall". Underneath the note were three tickets to the TLC concert tonight. I looked up in shock to Jordan who again was grinning from ear to ear.

"What's going on?" I pulled the tickets out and ran a close eye over them. They were definitely the real deal.

"Marshall bought you tickets for the concert!" she gushed, eager to tell me. "I've had to keep the secret all week. It was so hard to keep when you were complaining about how we couldn't go".

"He got me tickets?" I gasped.

"Yes! He rang me the night before you came home and double-checked with me that you liked TLC and everything".