XIX.

December 21st 2000.
Detroit, Michigan.
Puerto, Plata.

In less then 24 hours I would be with my family in the Dominican, finally home. That was the most comforting thing I'd heard in six years. Today was my last day with Marshall before I went back home, and we were definitely making the most of it. I wasn't sure how long I was going to be staying for, all I knew was that I had to be back by the end of January for the European leg of the tour. It was a quiet Sunday for Marshall and I with nothing planned, expect for picking the girls up later in the day. As I stood in the shower lost in my thoughts I didn't hear the bathroom door open until Marshall was directly before me.

"What are you doing?" I asked shaking my head lightly as I rinsed my conditioner out.

"I'm not trying anything, I just needa shower" he insisted in this gloriously groggy morning voice. Marshall and I had been doing better this past week. Not great, but better. I still didn't trust him, I couldn't, and he knew that. It had become apparent to me that he believes when I come back from my trip and I've had time to relax, everything will be perfect again. But I know that to be far from the truth. It's going to take a long time to build up to where we once were, and I planned to take as long as I needed. For me that included not having any sex, something I never thought I would say as usually we couldn't get enough of each other. It was killing Marshall, and myself, but I needed to do it. I wanted to fix us first before we complicated it with sex. Especially after my incident with Freddie I just didn't feel ready. We stood in the shower together, admiring one another, letting the water fall around us as we slowly washed up. Our hands quickly found each other and I giggled childishly and wrapped my arms around Marshall's torso as he playfully nuzzled into my neck giving me tiny love bites. I reached down and cheekily pinched his bum and he removed from my neck with a amused expression "You have a weird obsession with my ass".

"Says you! You're always feeling me up".

"How could I not?" He dug his fingers into my soft flesh.

"Marshall..." I hesitated as he lowered his face to mine.

"Just one kiss" he whispered, his plump lips looking more inviting than ever. He sweetly kissed me, taking his time to move his lips against mine. Unexpectedly his tongue slipped into the kiss and I moaned deeply, feeling very turned on. The kiss became more heated as he took control and I began to lose myself in it, overcome by the love he was putting into it. This kiss felt different, better, than any other, but I couldn't figure out why. I pulled away from, out of breath, looking at him in awe and Marshall began to move back into me.

"You said you wouldn't try anything" I laughed flicking him in the eyes with water.

"I couldn't resist" he shrugged. The dopey smile dropped from his face and our enclosed area suddenly became serious. "I'm gonna miss you" he sighed pushing his wet hair out of his face.

"I'm going to miss you too. A lot".

"A lot?"

"A lot". He smiled his heart warming smile and kissed my forehead, making my stomach do somersaults and my head feel fuzzy.

"Corny ass bitch..." Marshall muttered into my hair.

"Shut up you moron" I laughed turning off the water and stepping out of the shower.

Marshall wolf whistled and smacked my ass. "I'm gonna miss that too".

"You think you're sooo funny" I rolled my eyes and wrapped a towel around my body and head, chucking one at his face as I walked out of the bathroom into the wardrobe. "Marshall do you mind if I pick the girls up this afternoon? I want to see Kim". I quickly dried my body off and slipped into a simple white tank and blue wash jeans.