IV.

May 17th 2000.
New York, New York.

We traveled in separate cars again to his hotel but this time instead of meeting me up at the top floor he waited for me at the elevator with his security. "Thanks guys" he dismissed his security as he saw me approaching. Now that we were out of club I was able to get a good look at him. He was dressed simply in a black muscle tee and grey sweats, of course too big for him. I'm not sure how he how did it but he made the most mundane clothes look amazing. Wordlessly we stepped into the elevator and he pushed the button to take us to the 52nd floor. As soon as the doors shut and we were completely alone he turned around and nudged me against the elevator wall. "I've wanted to do this all night" he placed a hand on either side of my head and pushed his lips against mine. I was surprised by his forwardness but quickly reciprocated the kiss pulling him down by the nape of his neck and tracing his bottom lip with my tongue. He removed his hands from the wall placing them on my hips rubbing small circles on my skin, meanwhile he attacked my neck with his lips. My breath became erratic as suddenly the elevator felt very hot from the passionate moment. He smelled heavenly, and I recognized the cologne he was wearing from the other night. He stopped kissing my neck and pressed a gentle and long kiss to my lips, switching up the mood very quickly from frantic to calm. The elevator dinged and we were brought out of our heated moment.

I pulled away from him and smoothed out my crinkled dress whilst he ran his hand through his hair. "What the hell was that?" I looked at him curiously, still a little out of breath.

"I didn't want to jump you in-front of everybody. Needed to get it out of my system" he replied with a shrug as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

I chuckled at his honesty, "Come on, horn-dog". We entered the suite and it was as if it was it's own mini club; the music was loud, people were strewn across the couches and it smelled very strongly of weed. The whole of D12 was there as well as some people I recognized from the club but didn't know personally. We walked into the kitchen and Marshall grabbed us each a beer popping the cap off on the side of the bench.

"Thanks".

"So, you want some E or something? If you're into that kinda thing?"

"Not really in the mood".

"Yeah me neither. Actually I can't really be fucked with all those people out there tonight. Wanna head to my room?"

I was slightly thrown off by his suggestion as I thought he would want to hang out with his friends, not some girl he hardly knows. "Seriously?"

"Yeah what's the big deal?" he frowned at my question, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Nothing, let's go". However I was contemplating whether it was a good idea to spend this much one on one time with him. I had promised myself earlier in the night I wasn't going to get close to him, and so far I wasn't sticking to it.

He lead me to his room and shut the door behind us, leaving us in silence, I looked around the room appreciating that it was actually tidy. I walked over to the stereo on top of the dresser, "Do you have any CD's with you?"

"Uh yeah, in the first drawer" he walked into the en suite bathroom shutting the door after him. I rifled through his various hip-hop CD's until I came across Biggie's 'Ready to Die' picking it out of it's case and setting it up. I started up my favorite track 'Gimme the Loot' and sat on the edge of the bed taking off my shoes, bobbing my head to the beat. Marshall dramatically swung open the door as he re-entered the room rapping along to the track kicking off his shoes as he did so. "My man Inf left a Tec and a nine at my crib, turned himself in, he had to do a bid, a one-to-three, he be home the end of '93, I'm ready to get this paper, G, you with me?"