XIV.

September 12th 2000.
Detroit, Michigan.

"Marshall wake up". Gingerly I trickled my fingertips up and down, up and down the length of his arm. He groaned and detangled his legs from mine, turning his back to me in the process. I stifled my laughter with my hand at the fact that I had to wake him up like this most, if not every morning. "Mi amante " I drew out in a whiny voice, trying to annoy him awake.

"What's that mean?" his voice was rough and full of sleep, which I found incredibly sexy.

"My lover" I kissed just below his ear.

He lifted his head from the pillow and raised his eyebrows "How about Papi?"

"How about no?" I grimaced and pretended to gag at his bold suggestion.

He picked up the pillow his head was resting on and smothered my face with it to shut me up. "Marshall!" I squealed in surprise as I tried to throw him off me.

He lightly pressed the pillow to my face and evilly chuckled "Shh, it's time for you to sleep now".

I pushed him away by the stomach till he fell on his back, emitting a 'oof' sound from him. Grasping the opportunity I crawled on top of him and jokingly jabbed his sides as he looked up at me with an adorable sleep filled smile. His hair was messy and his eyes were puffy, he looked so childlike. I halted my actions and tied my hair on top of my head "You were strangely quick to smother me just then, are you sure you haven't killed someone before?"

"You have heard of Slim Shady right? I dunno why people think it's a joke" he shrugged nonchalantly.

"Do you have to kill me now that you told me that?" I mischievously grinned. Without answering he flipped us over and began nibbling at my neck, with sound effects and all, earning another squeal and burst of laughter from me. "C'mon we really have to get up" I urged pushing him away again and hopping out of bed, walking to the en-suite.

"What for again?" he rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"To the plan the tour remember? We've got a meeting" I prompted to which he nodded and headed into the bathroom as well. "Are you going to give me as much trouble this tour as you did last time?" I spluttered with my mouth full of toothpaste.

He turned on the shower and began to strip down "You love me". He laughed and wrapped his arms around my waist, his chin on the top of my head. I froze and stared at him through the mirror, horror etched across my face. The smile dropped from his face and was replaced by a frown, he moved backwards from me. "What?"

"Don't say that shit" I mumbled and tore my gaze from him, briskly walking back into the bedroom to get changed.

"Say what?" he chased after me.

I hesitated and hurriedly flicked through my clothes. Anything to avoid his burning eyes. "That I love you".

"Yo, it was just a joke". I didn't say anything and instead jumped into my white jeans and black hoodie as Marshall stood in the doorway watching on with a bewildered expression. "Cassie, you know I didn't mean it like that".

"I know just...just drop it okay?" I sneaked a look at him before darting my eyes back down to my belongings. He sighed and wordlessly walked back into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him, loudly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marshall and I hadn't really spoken after what had transpired in the morning, we drove silently to the management offices and hadn't spoken directly to each other once in our meeting this afternoon. It wasn't that we were mad at each other, it was just awkward after my reaction to his seemingly innocent joke. We sat in a board room with five other people, including Tracy and Paul, discussing the potential cities the tour would travel to and on what dates we would.