XXIII.

February 7th 2001.
Paris, France.

*Chapter Inspired By:  Alt-J - Every Other Freckle and Alt-J - Lovely Day. It was a toss up of the two so I just included both!*

Warning: smut straight away basically

Humming a quiet tune to myself, I stirred a wooden spoon through the large pot of chicken stew, making dinner for the two of us. I was so lost in watching the ingredients swirling that Marshall's arms wrapping around my waist as he hugged me from behind made me jump my spoon. "Shit!" I gasped.

"Did I make you jump?" he murmured into my ear, his lips brushing against the shell of it.

"Yes" I giggled, leaning into his warm touch.

"Does this too?" he asked as his fingers trailed gingerly down my stomach tricking me before the quickly began to attack me, tickling all over.

"Marshall stop!" I choked out through heavy laughs as I squirmed to get out of his tight grip.

He chuckled and lifted me up, "No way".

...........

"Marshall, quit it. I don't want to be tickled" I mumbled, brushing away the feathery feeling on my stomach. Somewhere I faintly heard his laugh, his warm breath against my neck.

"I'm not tickling you Cass" he chuckled, pecking my forehead.

Only then did I realise my eyes were shut and we were in bed. It was just a dream. Well, more like reliving a past moment. My eyes fluttered opened and I turned my head to lock them on Marshall's, taking in his beautifully sleepy appearance. His hand still lay flat on my stomach and it began to slowly creep down further.

"What're you doing?"

He didn't answer instead he stopped his hand right above my centre, "Want me to keep going?" I eagerly nodded, not really sure what I was agreeing to, as I fought to stay awake.

"Oh..." I sighed in a happy surprise as I found out exactly what he meant. His fingers came in contact with my heat and slowly dragged up and down. Catching me by surprise, he turned me over onto my side so I was facing away from him in a spooning position. He hooked my leg around his, giving himself better access to the meeting of my thighs. His lips placed sloppy yet thoughtful kisses on the spot where my neck met my jaw as I struggled to think straight, let alone breathe. I moaned loudly as he roughly shoved two fingers into me using a 'come here' motion to find my most sensitive spot. I blissfully drifted along the space between asleep and awake, oblivious and aware, only coming to my senses as his free hand wrapped around my throat and gently, yet firmly, squeezed. "Marshall" I begged.

"Yeah?" he replied huskily, squeezing again and forcing me to clamp my eyes shut from the brief lapses in oxygen.

"Please".

"Come on baby" Marshall encouraged nibbling at my neck and making me release only a short minute later- screaming his name loud enough for the whole hotel to hear. As I calmed and focused on my intake of oxygen, Marshall peppered kisses all over my face, neck and chest, making a lazy smile crawl onto my face.  "You good?"

"Mhmm" I answered, turning around and snuggling my head into the crook of his neck. "What was all of that about?"

Marshall laughed and held my body impossibly close to his. "Did you forget?"

"Forget what?"

"Happy birthday baby".

"Ugh, is that today? I hate my birthday" I grumbled.