XV.

September 12th 2000.
Detroit, Michigan.

We'd quickly swung round to Proof's place to pick up him and Zoey and now we all pulled into the parking lot of a expensive looking tattoo parlour, right in central Detroit. Due to it being late it was the only store on the block with lights on, I guess Marshall had to go in odd hours not to get recognized. "You're getting another tattoo?" I asked with a grin, eagerly hopping out of the car.

"Yeah I've wanted to for a while. What you so excited for?" Marshall laughed and locked the door, guiding me to the store with his hand on the small of my back.

"Cause she thinks she's dating a gangster and not some scrawny white boy" Proof joked.

"Man, I'm more gangster than you'll ever be. Gappy tooth motherfucker" Marshall retorted, punching Proof in the arm.

"Actually I think tattoos are mad sexy" I spoke up earning a hum of agreement from Zoey and a private smirk from Marshall.

"Well shit I better get some new ones then" Proof aimed towards Zoey.

Entering the parlour I realized we were the only ones in the store. The walls were a deep blood red and were covered in tattoo designs from floor to ceiling. There were four or five tattooing stations scattered around the building, each with their own reclining leather chair and necessary tattooing equipment. "Where is everyone?" I whispered. It almost felt like we had broken in, even though the door was unlocked.

"Ayo Leonardo!" Marshall called out. I heard the sound of a man coughing somewhere in the back before he emerged from a door that I hadn't noticed before. His own personal cloud of tobacco smoke followed him. In fact the whole please reeked of it.

"Man, it's good to see you guys!" He greeted Proof and Marshall, shaking both their hands. His accent was thick like mine, but he wasn't Dominican, he sounded Mexican to me. He did look somewhat familiar, but I couldn't place him. "And who are these lovely ladies?"

Zoey giggly as ever blushed at his compliment. "Zoey".

"I'm Cassie" I introduced myself. He shook my hand, slowly as if he recognized me too. "Do I know you from somewhere? You seem familiar". Marshall's eyes darted continuously from Leonardo's to mine, non-surprisingly he was jealous. His fist clenched by his side causing me to internally sigh.

"I'm not sure, Cassie?"

"Rosario".

He shook his head "Sorry doesn't ring a bell". He clapped his hands as he moved on "So who's getting tatted?"

"Me, I'm gonna go for that one we already designed". We followed Leonardo further into the store, Marshall giving me a questioning look as we went. I just shrugged, still feeling like I knew the man.

"Take a seat man I'll jut go get the transfer, same placement?"

"Yeah the upper arm again". Leonardo disappeared into the back room and Marshall sat in the man chair with us crowding around him on our own.

"So what's the tattoo?" I piqued my interest.

"A portrait of Hailie with the words 'Bonnie and Clyde' underneath".

"Like your song" I cooed.I nearly melted into a puddle on the floor right there and then. That was one of the best things I've ever heard him say, and he was getting my favorite type of tattoo. A dedication to the most important people, or person, in your life.

"Exactly" he said in a such way that signaled he was surprised I understood him so instantly.

We were 1 hour into the tattooing process, and it looked fantastic. Marshall was as staunch as ever, barely flinching as the needle repeatedly pierced his skin. Proof, Zoey and I sat around smoking a blunt to pass the time. Marshall would join in every now and then but he was mainly focused on staying still.