V.

May 18th 2000.
New York, New York.

"Come in!" I called out in reply to the knocking on my front door.

"Hello?" I heard the front door open and Amy's voice.

"In the lounge". Amy came into view and stood in the dogorway unsure of what to do next, it was like she was nervous about what my reaction would be. She fiddled with her fingers, picking at her pink nail polish and giving me a weak smile. I sighed, wanting nothing more than to make up with her. "Come here you idiot" I opened my arms wide, waiting for her to come give me a hug. Amy's face lit up and she ran over to me jumping onto the couch and into my arm's. She squeezed the absolute life out of me, and she gave me a big kiss on the cheek. "Amy- your squashing me".

"Oops sorry!" she giggled and hopped off me with a massive smile on her face.

"Look-" I started.

"Please let me say my piece first". I nodded, giving her the go ahead and waited patiently for her to explain herself. "I know I've been an absolute shit friend recently, cancelling on you all the time and never picking up your calls" I pursed my lips at her, agreeing. "I should never blow you off for David, or any guy for that matter! You mean way more to me and I know if I was in your position I would be pissed beyond belief. Please forgive me? I'll be the best friend ever from now on I swear". She jokingly crossed herself and put emphasis on the last word, stressing her point.

"Apology accepted" I offered her a smile to show her I really did accept it.

"Thank god. I found David kissing another girl anyway, so I really did fuck up". She shrugged and sunk deeper into the couch.

"Honestly, Amy I can't say I'm surprised". I didn't want to tell her how much I had really despised David all this time.

"Yeah me neither. It was only a matter of time I think. Anyways, enough about that loser. Jordan told me you were meeting up with a guy the other day. Who is he?" She sat up alert, ready for my answer. Gossip was just about her favorite thing on the planet.

"No-one, I ended it this morning".

"Aww come on Cass. At least tell me who it was?"

"His name is...Marshall". My mind was arguing with itself as I debated whether or not to tell her exactly who it was. I knew I could trust her, but I also knew she would flip out hearing I met her favorite celebrity. Let alone slept with him.

"Marshall..?"

"Mathers". It took a moment for the name to click but I could instantly tell when it did. Her eyes widened and her mouth fell open, a look of utter surprise coming over her face.

"The Marshall Mathers! Eminem?" she shouted whispered, too excited to talk in a normal volume. Meekly I nodded, not saying a word. "Holy, fuck. Holy! Fuck!" she leapt up and shook my shoulders, trying to get me as pumped up as her. "You! My best friend, slept with Eminem?"

"Shh Shh". I pulled her down onto the couch, her excited actions unsettling me.

"I can't believe this!" she dramatically flopped backwards onto the couch, the information too much to handle. "Wait. Did you say you ended it? With Eminem of all people!"

"It doesn't matter that it's 'Eminem' " I said with air quotes, feeling uncomfortable calling him by that name. "I ended because we both have busy schedules and live in completely different states! It's unrealistic, and I'm not prepared to put energy into a relationship that would crumble anyway. I can't even say I ended it really, we only met up twice" I stated matter of factly.