XIII.

September 6th 2000.
New York, New York.
Detroit, Michigan.

"Please don't leave me" Jordan pouted as she sat with her legs crossed on my bed, watching me pack up the last of my things.

"Aww, come on Jordan. Don't make me feel worse than I already do" I said with a grunt as I forced a stray pair of heels into my suitcase. "Besides it's not like I'm leaving you all alone. Mikes moving in" I reminded her.

"I know, I just can't believe this is your last night here".

"Jesus, I'm not dead" I laughed in an effort to lighten the heavy atmosphere. I jumped up and down on the top of my suitcase to squish in the last of my clothes and with some struggle, managed to zip it closed.

Tears threatened to fall from her eyes as she looked it me with a look of pure sorrow. "It won't be the same".

"Oh Jords! Don't cry please" I ran over to her and gave her the tightest most comforting cuddle I could manage. "We won't change I promise. I still have to come to New York once a month, maybe more, to meet with my boss and we are only a two hour flight from each other remember?"

"I guess so".

"You're my sister! You know that right? Blood is thicker than water" I squeezed her shoulder as a gentle reminder.

"We're not actually related Cassie" she smiled, obviously heart-warmed by my rare sentimental statement.

"Well sometimes you're about as annoying as a sister is".

"You always have to ruin a nice moment don't you?" she shook her head and let out a shaky laugh. On the bedside table my phone buzzed from a text message coming through.

From: Lil' Kim Hey babe! What are you and the girls up to tonight? x Received: 4.39pm

To: Lil' Kim Nothing yet, whats happening?Sent: 4.40pm

From: Lil' Kim Come to mine tonight at 9, I'm throwing a leaving party for you :) Received: 4.40pm

To: Lil' Kim Kim, you're the best!Sent: 4.41pm

From: Lil' Kim So I'll see you then? Received: 4.41pm

To: Lil' Kim Yes! Can't wait x Sent: 4.41pm

Jordan cheered "Fuck yes! Kim's parties are the best".

"Now I have to find something to wear" I muttered whilst staring at all my clothes I'd worked so hard at to pack, I really didn't want to have to rifle through them all.

"I've got something you can wear". Jordan ran to her room and returned with her stunning and yet simple elegant blue dress. The one from her wardrobe that I'd admired all year and continuously nagged her to borrow.

"Your Gucci?" I gasped. Jordan was very particular about her designer brands and usually wouldn't let me any where near them, considering how clumsy I was.

"I want you to have it" she thrust it into my arms, in it's protective plastic covering.

"What? No way" I attempted to shove it back to her but she stood back and shook her head in refusal. "Come on Jordan take it back".

"Think of it as a going away present" She fluttered her hands above her head, dismissing my protests. "Besides you'll look way better in it than I ever well, I don't have the ass" she joked.