IX.

June 8th 2000.
Detroit, Michigan.

"Cassie remember to call me when your away. Last time you were on tour you didn't call for nearly three weeks" my mother scolded me down the phone line. I could picture her face exactly as she said it, slightly disappointed but her cheerful eyes still shining through.

"Si Mama" I rolled my eyes at her comment.

"Don't you roll your eyes at me".

"How did you know?"

"I'm your mother, I know everything". I hummed in agreement knowing all to well, I could never slip anything past her.

Silence clouded over us and I voiced what we were both thinking, "I miss you" my voice cracked as I said it.

"I miss you too Mi querida" I could hear her sniffle, knowing she was an incredibly emotional person.

"Don't cry please Mama" I pleaded.

"No estoy llorando" she lied as she continued to sniffle.

"Send Dad my love" I needed to wrap this call up before it became too heavy and I was sad for the rest of the week, thinking about my mother.

"I will. Te amo, te amo, te amo".

"Te amo" I blew a big noisy kiss down the phone to try and make her happier. Her laughter instantly made me feel better. With a heavy heart I hung up the phone and trudged back to Marshall's living room where we were previously sitting watching Malcolm in the Middle before I received the phone call. I'd been staying at his house for the two weeks we had planned, and we were heading on tour in just two days. The time we'd spent together had been amazing. All we'd done when we didn't have to work, was watch television and talk for hours on end, and when we tired of that we would hookup. The 'honeymoon' phase of our relationship was definitely in full swing and I never wanted it to end. I'd never felt so carefree and relaxed around someone before and I never thought I would either. I felt happier with Marshall in this past month than I had in the entirely of my previous three year relationship. I'd had my doubts about Marshall and the possibility of a relationship but so far I'd been proved wrong. We had more in common than I could have ever imagined.

"Was that your Mom?" he asked his eyes glued to the screen. By now he was used to my mother calling every evening without fail.

"Yeah" I answered glumly as I plopped down onto the couch beside him.

"You alright?"

"I'm fine".

"Tell me what's up" he muted the television and tore his eyes away from the screen.

"Nothing really" I shrugged. "I just miss her and the rest of my family that's all".

"Come here" he grabbed both my hands and lightly tugged me towards him prompting me to lay down on him. I complied and buried my face in his neck inhaling his alluring cologne that I loved so much. I didn't need or want him to try and console me with his words, I never found that to be helpful. His embrace was all the comfort I needed which I think by now he knew. His chest vibrated below me as he let out a breathy laugh at something.

"What?" I grumbled, still feeling the effects of my emotional phone call.

"Your hair is everywhere. I can't see".

"Oops" I and looked up at him to see my hair all over his eyes, nose and mouth. I sat up and tied it up into a high ponytail, which always turned into a little poof instead, to get it out of my face and his.

"Speaking of hair, wanna help me dye mine? I need to before we go on tour". My fingers ran through his short hair noticing the roots were beginning to peak through. A stark contrast of the naturally mousy brown to the bleach blonde.