° Chapter 3 °

I walked to the history classroom. I hate when Mike is angry at me. He won't say a word and just ignore me, and I hate it so much.

I sat in the very back of the classroom. Mike is in the first row alongside with Emma. I drew random stuff around my notebook when I noticed someone late to the class. It was that guy that stared at me when he was training football. He apologized to the teacher with few of his other friends. Our teacher is cool and is joking with us so he forgave them and they went to their desks. Whilst this guy was walking to his desk he looked at me and made this facial expression that I can't explain, it was like half smile or whatever, but I didn't really care.

He sat in the right row with his friend. I hate those two seated desks. I hate having anyone beside me, so I sit alone, thankfully.

I looked back at this guy already looking at me. I gave him the 'what are you looking at' look but he ignores it, turning his head to pay attention. And then I actually started paying attention as well

"So today, you will be assigned in pairs to do a project/ presentation themed about history of Europe. I'll give you your task after choosing the pairs. You will have 5 days to do this presentation. " Our history teacher said. Everyone started looking around for their friends to do this project

"But there's a twist" Mr. Jackson added whilst walking around the classroom.

" You're not going to pick your partner. Your names are written on these little pieces of paper." He said pointing at the bowl.

"I will pull out two names and you will be working, in pairs. And this is a big project, so you can't let me down, especially some of you." Mr. Jackson said making it sound so simple.

We all prayed hard he will pick two people from the same group.

"Shannon Smith" Mr. Jackson said after reading the first paper.

"And" he added

"Oh this is interesting. Mark Cole" he said and we all gasped. Shannon is a popular girl and Mark is from my clique.

"Both of you take a seat." He said and Shannon sat down at Mark's desk moving the furthest away from him.

I shook my head. Mr. Jackson read out a few pairs after that and most of them were from different cliques until this happened.

"Mike Truman and Emma Winston " He read out and they yelled how happy they were. I laughed as well, but showing them a middle finger how lucky they are and I'll probably get stuck with some dumb cheerleader.

"Annabelle Roberts" Mr. Jackson said breaking my thoughts.

"And" he said and read out the paper. Emma and Mike were staring at me interested who I'll get. My heart was beating fast while I was waiting.

Mr. Jackson made a surprised impression that made me almost swear out loud.

"Simon Minter" he said and I got confused look on my face.

"Who is that?" I ask still staring at the teacher

"That's me." That guy from the fucking football pitch said. He sat next to me putting his books down.

Mike looked at me and shook his head smiling.

After about 5 minutes of sitting in silence close to him, the teacher came to us and said:

"Your topic is French revolution, make it very long with a lot of details because you know this should be important for you to pass this subject Annabelle. You're very smart, but you don't study, so try really hard to do this."

He said and I nod.

"I wish you got a history whiz to help you, but you two should work this out." He said

"Cheers Mr. Jackson" Simon said joking with him.

"C'mon you know you're not that good at history" The teacher said

"You haven't seen everything yet" Simon said joking which made me chuckle.

"Just do this project the right way and you shouldn't have any problems till the end of the school. Now, start working." He said and left, leaving us to do this.

There's 20 minutes till the end of the class. There's no way I'm starting to do this, and Simon probably agrees.

"Are you like new student or something?" I ask curious. I know I shouldn't be talking to him, but I wanted to ask him this.

"No, We actually have history, english and biology classes together for the last 2 years. " he said

"Oh" I said

"So why are you with the stoners? " He asked

"Why are you with football douches ? " I asked back

"Because I like to play football?" he said

"Yup, well most of them are douche bags." I stated a fact

"How do you know I'm not one of those douche bags?" he asked

"I don't know." I said pretending to read.

"But I'm sure I'll find out." I said under my breath

"So..why are you with the stoners?" he asked in the same tone again

"....because Mike. He is my childhood best friend, so I didn't have other choice" I said explaining it shortly.

Mike looked at me confused why I'm talking to this guy. I roll my eyes.

"Oh." He said, and I can't read him like a book, I just can't.

I'm usually pretty good at noticing what people feel, how they act etc. , but dammit, I can't figure out what's he like.

"So when are you free during the week? I need to know where are we going to do this project." I said

"I have my training on Tuesdays before this class, Thursday mornings and every Saturday afternoon ." He said

"Okay, so is Saturday evening okay ?" I asked noticing his eyes are bright blue colour of the sky

"Yeah, sure. Your house?" he asked.

I don't even know if he is interested or not, or friendly or not. And the fact that I can't analyse him makes me angry.

I nod my head and give him my address on a piece of paper. We hear the bell ring.

"Saturday, 6 p.m. Don't be late." I said taking my backpack and left.

This is going to be interesting.