° Chapter 10 °

(Tuesday)

Simon came to my house to finally finish the project. We present on friday, so we should prepare everything. 

After few hours of focused work and taking notes, we were finally done with it. Then, we were just writing some last conclusions in our work. At one point, he randomly asked me:

"Are you going to the party this friday?" He asked me

"What party?" I asked confused, looking up

"Your friend Mike is organising a big party for all the cliques this friday" He says looking up from his paper

"Oh. Wow" I said and shook my head

"How come you don't know about it?" He asked

"Me and Mike aren't really in healthy and friendly interaction anymore." I shortly explain

After a few moments he asked me:

"Is it because of me?.." He asked me being serious and expecting and to answer it honestly

"There's much more to it, trust me..." I say few moments later.

"So, are you coming or not?" he asked

"Yeah, sure I'l be there." I say

"Nice." he said and smiled.

I shook my head smiling.

Few minutes later we finished our presentation and Simon was on his way home.

"I'll see you around" he said with a smile

"See ya" I whispered and went inside. 

***

(Friday)

I was on my way to the history class. I don't even talk to Mike anymore. I do, but very rarely and it's not fun anymore. I guess we don't hate each other. We can't.

I sat at my desk. I take out my books and start reading my script. A minute later Simon came in and sat next to me.

"Hey, you're ready?" he asked smiling at me

"Yeah" I sigh with a nervous laugh. He noticed I was a bit nervous.

"It will be okay, trust me." he said and slowly touched my hand. As our hands touched I felt warmth, but also danger. I can't risk this much. I don't know if he did it intentionally, or it was just a coincidence, but I could definitely feel his hand touching mine. 

I know it's just two hands touching, but to me it's much more than that. This is forbidden, but we're breaking the rules, and it doesn't feel wrong to me.

He noticed it as well. In one moment our eyes met and we both chuckled a bit moving our hands away. I don't know if I can roll on with the  pressure. It's like I can feel Mike staring at me, or people staring.

Few minutes later Mr.Jackson came in.

He shortly explained how we are going to present our projects.

Few pairs didn't make their projects, because you know.. 'the rules'.

They got their negative grades, which will screw them over at the finals. These people are blinded by this stupid clique rules. I don't know how come I followed that. It's so pointless.

Emma and Mike finished their presentation quick. It was so obvious Emma did all the work. She was always hard working. Such a shame she is in our clique, full of losers who only get wasted and high.

"Simon, Annabelle" Mr. Jackson said breaking me out of my thoughts. We got up and stood in front the blackboard 

Mr.Jackson gave us permission to begin and Simon started talking his part. He really did learn everything. I was concentrating so hard the whole time. I noticed Mike's face was expressionless, I guess that's good.

 I began to talking about my  part. I was scared I was going to fuck up everything. But that time, I actually imagined that Simon and I are in my room, studying and preparing everything for this presentation and I felt more comfortable and safe.

After I finished talking, Mr.Jackson asked us a few question. We correctly answered, cooperating with each other. 

Few moments later he said:

"This was really nice guys. It was really nice listening you two and looking your cooperation. " he said

Simon and I looked at each other and smiled proudly.

"You both get the best grade. Annabelle, congrats you're not failing my class." he said with a smile and I felt so relieved. In one moment I wished I could hug Simon so hard and thank him as well, but something told me to wait for a bit.

We smiled at each other and went to our seats. Few moments after the bell rang.

"Come to the hallway in front of the P.E. hall." I say quickly and went there, before someone noticed. This way they will only see Simon coming this way, so we're safe. It's so complicated.

About a minute later Simon came there.

"Hey, sorry. Just wanted to talk to you and not get cursed at." I say

"It's okay, I get it."

"I can't believe that went so well" I say still smiling

"I just wanted to say thank you for cooperating and actually being a good partner" I say

"Anytime" he smirked and chuckled.

I instantly hugged him. He held me close, making me smile even more.

We move away. Our eyes met and we giggled.

"See you at the party." I said

"See ya" he said and looked at me as I was leaving. I turned back  few times and looked at him.

His hugs are so nice.