° Chapter 41 °

April

(Tuesday)

All these weeks are flying fast. This Friday there's an all clique party as Pam's house. So we are in control of everything.

Nathan and Mia started dating just after the party. It's obviously a secret. She joined our clique / plan. She really likes him. And he's so happy because he loved her for a long time.

Everyone says that Nathan and Mia remind them of me and Simon.

Simon and I have been great as usual. I've been going to every single game He played. And I always held his ring whilst he was playing.

We are getting so much closer. I can't feel his fear when he touches me now. I used to feel that he was holding himself back, or that he was just full of fear that he can actually kiss me and hold my hand now.

Just like now, we keep breaking the rules again.

"Shh, be quiet." I silently giggled as I kept pulling Simon close to me down the hallway.

I lean against the wall as he started kissing me. He smiled and stroked my cheek.

Our lips moved in sync as we stood here alone, in the empty hallway.

He kept stroking my lower back as he moved my shirt up and down.
I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He chuckled.

"Shh. Can't let anyone see us." I whispered as I continued kissing him.

After a few minutes we pull away and decided to go back to our classes. He held my hand as we walked through the hallway.

"I fucking knew it." We heard a voice say behind us.

My heart starts beating fast as we turned around fast and stopped holding hands.

We saw Emma standing there.

I quickly looked at Simon.

"Calm down." He whispered as Emma started walking towards us.

She stood in front of us, frowning at us.

"Emma." I said

"How could you do this?" She asked as I just kept quiet

"You lied to me and you're letting our clique fall apart." She said as she shook her head.

"Our clique fell apart the day Peter made the rumours circle around the school. How do you not see that?" I raised my voice

"I don't think that's true. I think that you just don't care about your friends, and me." She said as I notice her eyes watering.

"I'm sorry Anna, but I have to tell Peter this." She said and tried to walk away.

"Emma, don't. Please." Simon and I tried to stop her.

"I don't like how things are changing. I want to stop that. Everyone wants it to stop."

"No, Peter wants it to stop. Emma, He will ruin me. Just like he did last time." I said as Simon looked down.

"I'm sorry." She said and ran off.

"Fuck!" I yelled and punched a wall.

"Annabelle, please don't." Simon said, trying to calm me down.

"How are you not upset?!" I raised my voice as I leaned against the wall.

"I am, but I don't want you to see that side of me." He said and held me as he leaned on me.

I started crying.

"Calm down, please." He begged as he stroked my hair.

I buried my face in his chest.

I knew something bad would happen. And I'm afraid it will turn out the same way as it did last time.

***

Simon managed to calm me down.
We slowly went back to the main hallway where our classrooms were.

We went to our separated classes.

I couldn't concentrate at all. I was upset, confused and so afraid.

After my classes I went home. My heart dropped when I saw Emma talking to Peter. He frowned at me as I continued quickly walking home.

I got home and quickly went upstairs. I started to cry as I buried my face in the pillow.

After a few minutes I heard a knock on the door.

It was Maya. She opened the door.

"Hey Maya." I said, whiping off my tears.

"Are you okay?" She asked

"I'm okay." I managed to say.

"Taylor sent you didn't she?" I questioned

"Yeah." She looked down.

"Tell her I'm fine." I said

"Okay. I really hope you're okay Anna." She said and closed the door as she left.

I sighed and sat up.

Few minutes later, Taylor came to my room. I sighed and let her in.

"You seem upset. Now, tell me what's wrong." She directly said and crossed her arms.

I wanted to tell her so bad but I remembered what Simon told me when he tried to calm me down.

"Don't tell anyone. I don't want our clique to be upset about this. You and I can make it through. I love you, okay?"

"Trust me, Taylor. I'm just so tired I went straight to my room." I lied to her

"Why are your eyes red?" She asked

"I can barely keep them open how tired I am." I laid back down.

She sighed.

"You scared me. Rest up, okay?" She said and hugged me.

I nodded as she left the room.

I start to cry again, silently.

I'm so afraid. I don't want this to end like it did the last time.

I hate Emma.

I hate Peter.