° Chapter 17 °

(Friday)

The last day of school before Christmas holidays. Teachers wishing you merry Christmas and happy new year whilst you just want it to be over so you can go home and do nothing, just so you can be away from school.

And everything was still the same. I successfully avoided Peter and the others. Mike and I are close to each other again, now with our similar situations.

Everyone is still giving me weird looks. Only me.

Simon was in school yesterday. He skipped Wednesday and today. I don't even know why I'm still tracking his presence around school.

And everything was usual, they weren't looking at him the way they looked at me. Well, some of them were, but It wasn't that bad. I was fighting with my inner jealousy when I saw him with that girl, something just didn't feel right.

I avoided Emma. I can't tell her that the guy she loves is dating my sister. Although she wouldn't tell anyone I can't risk it, and I can't watch it destroy her.

(Saturday)

"Do you want to go out?"

"No."

"Do you want to eat?"

"No."

"Do you want to decorate the house with us?"

"No."

Taylor was asking me all these questions trying to cheer me up. I spent the hours in my room, leaning against the window, thinking and listening to music.

And suddenly, all of the Coldplay's depressing love songs started sounding relatable. I was becoming a whiny little girl who was stuck in a complicated love world, and I never wanted to be that, nor be there.

And he deserves all that, after I tortured him for 2 years, ignoring what was around me.

Who knows how many times he has smiled to me, and that I didn't notice.

"Annabelle!" Taylor shouted breaking me out of my thoughts

"Let's just go downstairs. Mum has to talk with us." She said and physically forced me out of my chair.

She dragged me downstairs to the living room. Mum and dad sat there with Maya.

"Oh, you're alive." Dad smiled ironically, joking as usual. I sat down next to Taylor.

"So, because it's festive times and time for changes...we want to try to make friends and be friendly." Mum smiled

"You guys know that's a bad idea, right? I mean last time didn't pass very well." I said

"We want to try again." Mum said

"Okay, I'm just asking because I know we are a weird family." I mention

"True." Taylor said

"But okay, If you want to do it, just do it." I said

"Nice, because we met these two parents, and their daughter goes to school with you two. We are having a dinner with them here, on Monday." Mum said.

Monday is Christmas eve, so I don't know why mum chose the gathering just before Christmas. This is why we're weird.

"Okay, mum." I quickly said, looking at Taylor we will immediately talk after they move.

AFter a few minutes of talking, Maya said:
"I want pancakes!" She yelled

They laughed and walked with her to the kitchen. As soon as they left I spoke to Taylor.

"This is going to be bad idea."

"I know right?" She quickly said

"This girl will obviously be from the different clique." I mentioned

"That is the worst part. I don't know if you and me should talk, or whatever; Because if she's a bitch I'm afraid she will start talking shit about us being friendly. We can't risk it." She said

"I guess we'll just see how it will work from the start." I said

"I hope this doesn't fuck up even more of this situation." She sighed and I agreed.

(Sunday)

I was still in my room.

Taylor wanted me to turn on my phone, but I was scared Peter is going to call,

or even scarier, Simon.

I repeated the actions over and over again.

I slept during the day and spent the night, awake for no reason.

Although I was the one that came up with an idea Simon and I should get away from each other,

Secretly, I still hoped he would walk down my street for no particular reason.

"You're always so persistent about me. Why aren't you now?" I was whispering to myself

And the more time has passed, the more I was blaming myself.