° Chapter 39 °

(Next Thursday)

The tension between the students is falling apart. Everything is getting better, and we still have two more parties to join in the cliques to be friends.

The clique leaders had three meetings already. Michael keeps informing us what they discuss on those meetings.

They hate the way this whole situation is changing, and they're too dumb to figure out what's happening and how we're involved in this.

"Hey Emma." I said walking up to her as she stood in front of the school.

"Hey." She said, still suspiciously looking at me. I sat down next to her and lit a cigarette as well as she did.

After about few seconds, she broke off the silence, asking me the obvious question.

"What is happening with all the cliques?" She asked

"What do you mean?" I act like I don't know what she's talking about.

"Don't you see it? Ever since the last party everyone is acting all friendly, and I don't like it." She said and frowned as she inhaled the smoke.

"Yeah, changes are bad." I commented, trying to be neutral and not suspicious to her.

"I hope you're not involved with this." She said and stared at me

"Of course not. Listen, what happened with Simon is the past. And I'm so over it." I rolled my eyes, lying to her.

"I hope you're not lying. I still don't trust you that much, you know." She said as her voice sounded cold.

She picked her backpack up and went to her class. I rolled my eyes and stomped on my cigarette. 

"Hey. Annabelle." I heard Peters voice behind me. I turned around as he already stood next to me.

"Hey." I quietly said.

"Any problems?" I asked, not looking at him as I crossed my arms.

"No. Everything's perfect." He said in his sarcastic tone.

"What's the problem? You don't take this clique hang outs seriously, right? It's no big deal." I tried to calm him down, so he doesn't try and find out what's exactly happening.

"Why are you so calmed down?" He frowned.

"Because I don't think this is going to affect anything." I keep lying

"Bullshit." He said and I just kept my mouth shut.

"Why do I have a feeling you're involved with this?" He asked as he squinted his eyes.

"That's ridiculous to think." I fired back straight at him.

"If I find out you're lying, we're going to have our history repeated again." He said

This time I'm not afraid that much. I just hope this works out.

"You won't." I said

"Good." He tried to stroke my cheek but I quickly moved my head away.

He started walking away somewhere as I quietly cursed at him.

I finally went home, trying to run away from my worried thoughts.

***

"Soon, they'll get weak and powerless and we'll finally be free." Simon said  as he stroked and held with my hand.

We were laying on the sofa in the garage, whilst others played games, chilled on the computer or were doing homework.

"We have two more parties to break down the rules." I said

"Michael is still on the all clique meeting. We'll know everything when he comes back." He said, trying to calm me down.

"Do you think we will be able to break down the system?"

"Definitely." He said as he kissed my forehead.

(20 minutes later)

We were sitting on our usual place, getting ready for our clique meeting.

"Hey guys, Sorry for being late. The meeting lasted longer than I thought It would." He said

"It's okay. Just talk, okay?" Mike said, obviously being nervous.

"First of all, they're all pissed at how things are changing. We've discussed about it for a long time until we found a solution. And It's good news, guys." He said as we all smiled in relief.

"We agreed to remove some of the rules to maintain peace so It's not 'disorganised' , because as you noticed they love to control everything." He said

"What rules did you remove?"

"Now you can talk to another clique member, you can also talk to them about school related things and school projects with other clique students are allowed." He said

"That's definitely a progress." I said as the rest agreed.

"Guys, this is actually working." Taylor said as we all were really happy.

We picked up our drinks and made a toast to our progress.

And for the first time I have a completely great feeling that this will turn out the way we want.