° Chapter 37 °

(Friday)

"Do I tape this up the ceiling?" Taylor asked Pam, as we were getting Nathan's house ready for the party with balloons, drinks, cups, speakers and other techincal stuff.

"Yeah." Pam said, handing her another balloon. I sat on the couch close Simon.

"Do you think this will actually work?" I quietly asked him, as he held my hand.

"Yes. Why do you think it won't?"

"I don't know, I guess I'm just paranoid." I said biting my nails.

"Hey, hey. Calm down, okay?" He smiled and gently stopped me from biting my nails.

Just one more hour until the party. We've really worked hard on this in the last weeks.

And were really proud of our concept and ideas for this party.

Let's hope it pays off.

***

The loud music filled the room. The remixes Nathan found sound really good. More and more students kept coming in.

I was breaking though the crowd to notice Simon coming to my direction, our hands touched when he passed by me. We both smiled and turned our heads around.

I found Emma and started playing my mind game with her. We talked for about 10 minutes until I said:

"Listen, you're right about Simon. I'm so happy that I don't talk to him anymore. You guys are all that I need, It was just a stupid phase, I guess." I said

"You really think that?"

"Definitely. C'mon let's go have some fun." I said as she smiled. We went to thw dancefloor and started dancing.

I feel quite bad that I'm doing this to Emma, but she can't understand anything, so I have to do this the tougher way.

Everyone looks so chilled, and half drunk. I think the music and the alcohol are playing the big part in here. I saw Mike and Taylor, who were already talking without anyone noticing.

We found Peter, Lilly and Melanie who were completely stoned. We stayed a bit with them as they passed the joint around.

I'm so nervous about all this even though everyone seems to have fun. I join them and start smoking as well. I just hope I won't have a bad, as we call 'trip.'

I hugged Emma. They left to chill somewhere around the dance floor, as I walked around for 10 minutes, until the joint started working on me.

I hugged Pam and Carrie when I saw them. They were quite wasted. I went upstairs to find Mike.

"Hey Annabelle." Mike said

"Sup, bro?" I said, processing the words slowly in my head. He looked into my eyes to notice that they were quite red.

He shook his head with a smile.

"C'mon let's go here." He said as I follow him to the bathroom. I sat on the floor and he sat on the edge of the bathtub.

"Why did you get high?" He chuckled

"I am a bit nervous." I say with my eyes half closed

"About what?" He asked as I start giggling.

I don't feel quite well, I think I'll start tripping soon.

"The clique and everything, and I just wanted to get high." I barely said

"Who gave you the joint?" He asked

"Peter and Melanie." I said

"Annabelle, just don't take it from them anymore. Ask me, okay? I'll get you whatever. Who knows what they put in that. Okay?"

"Okay, I'm sorry." I said

"It's okay, I'll get Simon." Mike calmly said and went out of the bathroom. He closed the door and I could still hear the music downstairs.

After about few minutes, which seemed so dtreched out and long Simon finally opened the door, and I wasn't aware much of the rest of the night.

*Simon's POV*

I opened the door and saw Annabelle sitting on the floor. She stared at her hand, like she was admiring it for the first time.

I started chuckling as I sat down.

"What's funny? Because that vase looks weird." She said

"Are you okay?" I asked her

"Mhm. It's not the first time I'm high." She said.

Mike, Taylor and Nathan got inside the bathroom. Mike brought her something to eat, as she stared at it with the hunger in her eyes.

She started eating everything, staring curiously at all the food.

Taylor was just shaking her head.

"She'll be okay." Mike said to her. Nathan kept giggling at how silly she looked.

A few minutes later she put all the food away and looked like she is going to pass out.

"Mike, is everything okay with her?" I asked, getting a bit closer to her.

"She is in the dark zone, as we call it. Or the tripping coma. she's in the zone right now because she's not used to P...Melanie's shitty joint. It's nothing new for Anna. This happens quite a lot. Just give her two hours of sleep and she'll be okay." Mike said

"Are you sure?" I asked him. He nodded and stood up.

"Where can we put her to sleep?" I asked Nathan, sounding a bit relaxed now.

"Just put her in my room." He said and opened the door as he showed his room.

"Thanks." I said and picked her up.

"Do you need any help?" Taylor asked

"Nah, I can manage." I smiled

"Oh, okay." Mike and Taylor said. Taylor smiled at me as her look was showing that she's thankful that I'm taking care of her.

I carried her to Nathan's room. I close the door and lay her down on his bed.

She looks so peaceful.

*Annabelle's POV*

I woke up in the room I couldn't register. I turned around and saw Simon next to me as he was on his phone.

"Hey." He quietly said. I sat up and he put his phone back in his pocket.

"Where are we? Why are we here? What time is it?" I questioned, feeling slightly lightheaded

"We're still at Nathan's party. It's almost 11 PM. You got high and passed out in the bathroom so I brought you here." He explained

"Oh yeah, I remember I was tripping really bad." I said

"I'm sorry." I added

"You don't have to be. I thought you were quite funny." He giggled

"Should we go downstairs?" I asked

"In one minute." He said

"What are you planning to do with that one minute?" I asked in a confused chuckle

He leaned in and started kissing me.
Our lips moved in sync as he corners of my lips curled up into a smile. He stroked my upper thigh under my dress.I ran my fingers through his hair.

"One minute is over." I said as I pull away a minute later.

He chuckled and pulled me up. We went downstairs and found the others.

We all raised our cups up and made a toast for us.

The rest of the night we spent for ourselves, dancing and having fun in the crowd.

I feel so alive and free.