Smile

"We're here!" Archer announced happily, hopping out of the car. The car shook a little as he slammed the door closed.

I sighed and came out. We were in the middle of the highway. "Where is this thing that you wanted to show me?" I said.

"C'mon," he said, waving his hand. He ran into the trees next to the road. I quickly walked over and tried to follow him.

The trees were close together making it hard to move around. I couldn't see him because of all the leaves but I could hear him stomping through the trees.

Then I came to an opening. I looked around. "Archer?" I called. "Archer!"

"BOO!" He yelled as he popped out of nowhere. I managed to bite down a scream and gasp, staggering backward.

"Whoa! Watch out!" He warned as I felt me heel fall into something wet. He quickly grabbed my waist. I looked behind myself and realized there was a pond in front of me. A huge boulder sat right in it.

Then I realized Archer was still holding me. I quickly broke from his grasp. I turned back around to see the scenery in front of me.

The sun reflected off the water, sending blinding lights everywhere. I could see small goldfish swimming around. Moss clung to the boulder while the water surrounded it.

"How did you find this?" I asked, astonished.

"I've been exploring," he said. "C'mon."

He jumped onto the boulder with his long legs. He held out his hand. The sun made is smirk even more dazzling and mesmerizing.

I stood there for a quick second, not knowing if I should take it. Then I quickly pulled my sleeve per my hand quickly. Then I lightly put my hand on his.

His smile widened. His fingers closed around my wrist and he pulled me across. He let me go.

It was even more amazing on the boulder, just being in the middle of it. I felt the ends of my lips tug up to form a smile.

Nothing ever made me smile other than Freya! Just thinking about how nothing made me smile made me smile even wider.

"You're smiling," Archer observed. I turned to him.

"I know."

"I like it when you smile."

"Thanks." I hope he doesn't see me blushing. I sat down onto the rock's head. Archer sat down next to me. I could feel our shoulders press together.

We sat in silence for a while, soaking in the landscape. Then he broke it, "Eirwen?"

"Yeah?" I turned to him. His face was inches from mine.

"You look beautiful when you smile." His voice was in a soft whisper. It sounded lush and gentle. He leaned closer to my face.

I got so into the moment that I completely forgot about my power. I just let him kiss me. Then he let me go but kept his face a few centimeters from mine.

"Is this your first kiss?" He said.

I nodded.

"Want a second one?" And without any answer from me, he kissed me again.

I could feel his hands climbing up and around my waist. He pulled me closer in. Then all of a sudden he took his lips off. Then I realized his lips were blue.

He touched it. "Why does my lips feel so numb?"

I touched mine. Oh great. I completely forgot about that! Good thing it's only a simple numb. It could've been worse.

"I think it's just you." 

He shrugged as his lips slowly came back to color. He leaned over for a third time, but I put my hand- and my sleeve- in on his mouth.

"I forgot that it's laundry day for me. I need to go."

"That can wait."

"No it can't." We both stood up.

"Wait, but are we dating?"

I looked at him. "I want to. But I have to tell you something that I can't here."

"How about the car?"

"No. Come to my house after school tomorrow."

"Is it that important?"

"Yeah."

"Ok, I'll drive you back home."

"Duh. I am not gonna walk again!"

"Don't worry, princess."

I smiled.

I cannoned them!!! If you had superpowers, what would it be? Remember to vote!!!