Leaving

"Bye dad!" I said, hugging him servants brought our stuff out. I let him go.

Then Archer and him shook hands. "It was nice meeting you, sir," Archer said politely.

"It was nice meeting you too. I believe I have put my daughter in good hands. Take care of her," Dad said.

"I will," Archer promised, taking my hand.

"Bye!" I said waving as we went into the car. I climbed into the shotgun as Archer went to the driver's seat.

We began driving. I pulled out a book I brought and began reading. "Hey, princess?" Archer said as we reached the highway.

"Yeah?"

"I've got a surprise for you for your birthday."

"Really?"

"You don't sound enthusiastic."

"I don't?"

"And there's the sarcasm."

"Sarcasm is one of my gifts."

"I can tell."

"Oh you could?"

"And there it is again."

"I'm reading. Go listen to music or something."

"Fine." He slipped in a disk and Fall Out Boy began playing.

Half an hour passed when we got into the town. It took another half an hour to get into my neighborhood.

I put my book away as we came to my street. Archer stopped at my house and we both hopped out.

We went to the trunk. "So, what are we doing for my birthday?" I said, pulling out my stuff.

"You had the whole car ride to ask and you ask at the end of it!" Archer snapped.

"Well, yeah. Answer me."

"I don't know. All I planned was the surprise."

I shrugged. "Ok. That's fine, I guess."

"Don't worry, it'll be fun."
...

"I'm bringing her here in two days," the Retriever informed.

"Good. I'm getting a bit impatient. And you said it will be her birthday?" The man on the throne said.

"Yes."

"What a surprise!! Hopefully, she'll like her present."

"Hopefully."

"And you said she didn't want her power?"

"I think she does. But she didn't exactly say so... But what are you gonna do with all that power in you?"

"That will be phase 2."

"Which is?"

"Taking over the world of course."

"May I ask why?"

"Because, they never cared about my family." The man's voice turned sad.

"What do you mean by that?"

"My mother had a disease!" The man's voice was raising now. "I didn't everything I could and asked for help! But did they care?!! No!!!" He calmed himself. "And in conclusion, I'm taking my revenge."

"But, sir, maybe revenge isn't the answer."

"Are you protesting?!"

"No! Sir! Of course not! It's only a suggestion!"

"Of course revenge is the answer!"

"But-"

"I think your loyalty is failing. Maybe you really do love the girl and it's not only acting."

"What?! Sir! No!"

"Do you know what the punishment is for those who fail to continue their loyalty to me?!!"

"Sir! Please! That's not what I meant!!!"

"Guards!!!"

"Wait! Sir! Let me explain!!!" But the man only ignored him. Two guards came and each took an arm, dragging him out.

The doors slammed shut as the man sighed. The Retriever will learn his lesson.
...

The doorbell rang. I went downstairs, pulling my hood up. I opened the door to see a bruised up Archer. There was a dark one on his eye.

"What happened to your eye?" I asked, letting him in. "And why didn't I see you for a whole day?!!"

"Don't ask," he said with a sigh. I closed the door. "Happy birthday, princess."

"Thanks," I said sarcastically. "Is this your surprise? Not seeing you for one whole day, coming to my house beat up and making me really optimistic about the surprise and then bringing it down?!"

"Sorry," he said. "But this isn't the surprise! I have it. Just come on!!"

He took off my hold. Then he pulled out a cloth and tied it around my eyes, ignoring my protest. He took my hand, pulling my hood back over.

I felt him pull me around. I heard the door open and felt concrete underneath my feet. Then I heard the door close. I slowly crept down some stairs. Then I was dragged with some twists and turns.

I heard a car door open. I was gently pushed inside and felt the seatbelt come over me. "Archer, what the hell is going on?" I said as I heard the engine turn on.

I felt the car move forward. It felt like we were going at top speed. I fell asleep after an hour. I think it was an hour. It felt like it.

I woke up when the car stop. "Archer? Where are we? Why does it feel like nighttime? And why is it so humid?" I said as I fumbled with the door. I managed to find the handle and open the door.

I felt grass this time as I stepped out. I felt Archer grab my arm. He led mesons where. I felt really hot. I was getting worried about my powers.

Sweat made my sweater and clothes cling to my skin. We walked some more, the heat increased greatly as we walked. Then we stopped.

Archer took my hood off and then blindfold. My eyes widened at what I saw. There, sitting on a one kind of throne over pools of lava, was a man.

"Hello, blessed snow," he said with a warm smile. "My name is Agnidev. Welcome to my home."