Chapter 7

The next few days are so different but they are somehow the same. Ok, let me explain that: i see new people, new towns, new everything every day and that constantly changes but on the other hand i always drive the whole day. I get up, get dressed, eat, find a toilet, start driving, make breaks ocasialy, eat, find a place to sleep and then sleep. Return. I like it though. Its not like before where every day was the same and boring. Now every day is an adventure. Just yesterday i met this old lady. She seemed so weak but i found out that she was doing karate. I mean honestly, who knows an old lady who does karate? We exchanged email adresses.
I am just eating my lunch. Its sunny outside. I have the car door open. The leaves start turning red or yellow. I always liked autmn. With all its colours. I smile and bite into my sandwich. When i'm done i get into my car again. I still have to drive for about two or three days but i am nearly there. I start the engine and drive on the high way again. As ever the radio is quietly playing a song. I already talked to christina a few times. Even my dad called me after i was missing two days. I explained him everything and he couldn't do anything. Finally he could scream as much as he wants to and i could just ignore it. I am independant now.
At 5 pm it starts getting dark. The thing i don't like about autmn is that it gets dark so early. I am driving on am empty country road. Suddenly my engine stutters. "No!" I say and step on the gas pedal. "No, no, no, no!" I whine while the car slowly stutters to halt. I sigh and lean my head on the wheel. "Shit!" I say and step out. I am still wearing my shorts and the colder getting air makes me get goose bumps. I quickly snatch my cardigan and lay it around my shoulders. I get out my flashlight and walk towards the hood and open it. A lot of steam comes towards me and i cough. "Shit!" I course again and sigh. I get this reflector thing out of my trunk and place it at the back of my car. I also turn on the hazard warning lights. I sink into my seat.
I lean back and wait for another car.

Half an hour later i am playing candy crush when i suddenly hear a car engine. I jump up and turn on the flashlight. I also turn on the hazard warning lights again and then wave the flashlight infront of me. A silver car comes into view and i wave the flashlight more. The car actually stops a few meters away. I sigh in relief. Just then i realise that it could be some creepy guy. A pedophile or something like that. Or an axemurderer. I quickly grab the pocketknife will gave me and squeeze it hard. "Hello?" A young mans voice says. That doesn't mean he can't be an axemurderer. I shine my flashlight towards the noice. It shows a boy around my age. He has chocolat brown skin and is very handsome. Very very handsome. "Ehm hey. My car broke down. Could you help me?" "Sure. Just wait a minute. Four? Come here!" He calls towards the car. I am confused. Why is he calling a number? But aparatnly the number is the name of another handsome boy. This one has natural tanned skin, blondish hair and striking blue eyes. The first one - with the chocolat skin - smiles at me and holds out his hand. "Hey, i am uriah." I shake it and say: "Hey, i am tris." He nods and smiles. Four comes over and i expand my hand for him to shake it. He takes it in his quickly and grunts: "Hey, i'm four." Then he quickly lets go and walks past me. He gets out his own flashlight and then opens my cars hood. This time there is no steam. He makes noices like: mhm, aha... and keeps looking at it. Uriah steps next to me. "Do you already have acomodation for tonight?" I look at him sideways and slowly shake my head no. "Do you want to come to our place?" I inwardly raise my eyebrows. Please let them not be gay. Don't get me wrong i love gay people but they are just so good looking... I look at him again. His eyes are already on me. "So?" "You could be an axemurderer..." i say and smile slightly. He laughs. "This possibilty exists." I laugh as well and then shrug. "It would be nice to sleep in a normal bed again." I probably shouldn't trust these guys but my instinct tells me to trust them and my instinct normally is right. Also i carve for humans to talk to. He nods. "Amazing. We live only a few miles away." This time i nod. "Ok. Do you think Four will be able to fix my engine?" He shrugs. "If you don't need to replace a part i guess he can do it. If you need to then he won't." I shrug. "Makes sense." He laughs. We walk over to four. He leans over the exposed engine. His shirt sliped up a bit and exposes a part of his back. I bite my lip and look away. "Well, i can't really see whats wrong. I'll have to take a look at it tomorrow." I nod. "Thanks for trying." He gives me a small nod and then closes the hood. "We will have to tow your car. I'll get the rope." Four says and then walks away. Uriah also walks towards their car. I quickly walk over to mine and get out my backpack and an apple. I snatch the kar keys and twirl them at my finger while i walk towards them. Uriah opens the back door for me and i sit down next to four. At the front seat is a huge box that is buckled. I laugh a bit. "Why is the box buckled?" Uri grins. "So it won't slip. There are some fragile things in there." "Ok, come on Uri. We have to tye the rope." Uriah nods and him and four get out. I lean back and look around in there car. It smells a bit like sweat but not that much that it would be unpleasent. It also smells like something i can't really sort into a catogary. Something definatly male. The boys return and four sits down next to me. Uri starts the engine and slowly starts driving. I look out of the back window and see my car tyed to a rope. (A/n i have no idea how you tow a car so this might not be right) I turn around again and buckle my seatbelt. "So trissy..." uriah starts and i glare at him. "No! Not that name." He laughs. "Ok fine. So Tris, what is a pretty girl like you doing out here alone?" I shrug. "I ran away from home." I feel four looking at me. "Why?" He asks with his deep rumbling voice. "It wasn't the life i was made for. You know? It was boring. I was bored at school and stuff... i even skiped a grade." They both nod. "So did you already graduate?" Uriah asks. I nod. "Yes, only a few days ago." "Oh cool. I still have to do one year of hell. How was your final report?" I blush a bit. "Okay." I don't want them to think i am a nerd. "Oh come on. Tell us. We won't laugh." Uriah probes. "Ok, it was good." He sighs. "How many B's did you have?" I bite my lip. "None." I reply. Again i feel fours gaze on me. "Wow. We have a really intellegient one here. Just like four." This time i also look at him. "Really? Congrats." He just nods. Uriah starts talking about his last report. He is still a grade under me because i skipped one. After that its quiet. But its not an awkward silence. I lean back and close my eyes. I must have been exhausted because i almost immediatly fall asleep.
I wake up still in the car. My head leans on something. I keep my eyes closed. I hear uriahs voice. "Four, you won't wake her if you scratch your nose." I have to contain my laughter. So cute. "Whatever." I hear fours voice. When he speaks it tickles my ear. I feel four lift his arm and then open my eyes. I rub them and sit up. "See uriah? Good job!" Four says and i pretend to look confused. "What?" I ask through a yawn. "Nothing." four says and turns away. Wow, i just don't get this guy. A few minutes later we arrive at a house. Its pretty big. Its white and has a bright red door. When i look at my clock i see that it is already 12 o'clock. "Home sweet home." Uriah says and i smile. Trough his talk before i slept i found out that Uriah is 18 like me and Four is 20, by the way. I open my door and step out. The chilly air wraps around my body and i shiver. I hold my cardigen closer to my body and get out my back pack. Uriah and four walk towards my car. "What do you need out of it?" Uriah asks. I walk over to them and open the trunk. I get out my suit case with my clothes. The other things i just leave, apart of my backpack of course. Uriah takes my suit case and four closes the trunk. "Come on. You can tell us about yourself tomorrow." Uriah says. I nod and follow him towards the house. There are still lights on. Because uriah has my suit case four carrys the misterious box. Uriah unlocks the door and steps in. He holds the door for me and Four. I step into a kind of messy hallway. It has a wodden floor. On it are about ten pairs of shoes. Boys and girls shoes. Uriah and four take of their and i follow their lead. Then they lead me into a big room. It is a living-eating room. There is a huge dining table in the corner next to the windows. In the other corner are two comfy looking couches with a couch table between them. Uriah shouts: "Mar, Zeke, Lynn, Shauna! Come here! We have a guest!" "What?" I hear a womans voice coming from upstairs. "We have a guest!" Uriah screams again and i smile. I already love it here. I hear footsteps on the stairs. Muffled through socks. First i only hear one pair of feet but soon three other join in. And only a few seconds four people burst down the stairs. There are three girls and one boy. Two of the girls look around my age while the thrid one looks a bit older. She has blond hair and is really pretty. This older looking girl and one of the younger looking girls look pretty alike.
The boy has the same skin colour as Uriah but is a bit smaller. The boy and the girl with blond hair hold each others hand. The other girl with a bit darker hair runs towards Uriah. He catches her and they kiss. So much about the gay theme... "So who are you?" The younger girl asks. "I am tris. And you?" I answer and smile. She smiles as well and gives me a hug. "Hey, i am Marlene bit you can call me Mar like everyone." I smile "hey." The older looking girl hugs me as well. "I am Shauna. This over here" she points towards the girl that is still standing on the stairs "is my smaller sister Lynn." Lynn glares at me and i return it. We stare at eachother for a few seconds before she looks away. "And i am zeke. Uriah is my smaller and stupider brother." I laugh and zeke looks at me confused. Uriah laughs as well and says: "Its not stupider, its more stupid." Zeke sticks out his tounge at him and i grin. I like those guys. "So, you are Shauna, Zeke, Lynn and Mar." I say pointing at each of them. They all nod. "So tris. What brings you here?" Shauna asks while we slowly walk towards the couches and plop onto them. "My car broke down." I say. "And Uriah and four found me and brought me here." They all nod. "But Trissy" i glare at uriah. "Fine tris over here is tired and so we will all go to bed now." "Wait, you all live here?" They all nod and smile. "Yeah, we bought this house together and now we are living in it together." Mar explains. I nod. "Cool." I just say. She links her arm with mine and uriah picks up my suit case again. "Come on. I'll show you where you'll sleep." Mar says. "Good night everyone." I say. I get a bunsh of good nights. Mar guides me towards the stairs and leads me up. On the stairs are laying books and folders and socks and shirts. I love how chaotic it is here. At the top of the stairs there is another hallway. We walk it down. There are about seven or eight doors. On the right side is one with a star wars poster on the door. "This is uriahs room." Mar explains. The one opposite from that one is zekes and shaunas. They have a call of duty poster on their door. On marlenes door is a poster of chanel. Don't ask me where you get a chanel poster. On lynns door is just a big red cross and a 'no entry' sign. On fours door is a poster of Albert Einstein. It immediatly makes him more sympathic. There are two bathrooms on this floor and another one downstairs. One of the bathrooms is for the girls - the one on the right side - and one is for the boys - the one on the left side. The last door on the right is the spare bedroom. The girls bathroom is two doors away. All the girls have their rooms on the right side and the boys have theirs on the left. It is perfect. Mar opens the door and reveals a middle seized room. There is a duble bed, a light brown dresser, a small desk, an armchair and a big window. The bed stands in the left corner. The desk is next to it. The dresser is oposite of it. Between dresser and bed is the window. The armchair stands next to the dresser. Between them is a lamp. It is a beautiful room. Uriah places my suit case on the floor. "Thank you." I say. He nods and then leaves. "Good night." He says. "Night." Mar and i say at the same time. We both laugh. "Thank you for letting me stay here." "No problem tris. You seem really nice." I smile shyly "Thanks." Mar turns around and wants to leaves but i ask: "Could i maybe wash some clothes tomorrow?" "Of course." She nods. "Do you need fresh ones now?" "No, i still got a few fresh ones." "Ok, good night." "Good night." She closes the door. I open my suit case and get out my sleeping clothes. I change quickly and then get out my toothbrush.
When i am ready for the night i lay down in the bed. It is so comfortable. Finally i am able to lay in a real bed again. As soon as my head hits the pillow i am asleep.