Chapter 11

I wake up to someone constantly knocking on my door. I groan and slowly start to wake up. I look around confused. Its still dark outside. It knocks again. "Yes?" I say, my voice still heavy from sleep. Someone enters. I don't recognise who it is. "What is it? And who is it?" I hear a male clearing his throat. "Ehm... its me, Four." I am confused and sit up. I switch on the light next to my bed and look at him confused. "Whats the matter?" He only wears his boxer shorts and i have to concentrate to not stare at his six pack. His abs, his muscular... stop it! He scratches his neck embaressed. "Well i dreamed and heard screaming from your room but aparently this also was in my dream... and i am sorry. It was just - i was worried because in that moment i couldn't classify whether i dreamed your screams or not so i just came to look and you are alright so know i will go again." My brain is still not really awake and so i just nod. "Ehm... okay." I just say. He walks out again and closes the door. I hear him cursing outside: "I'm such an idiot!" And then i fall asleep again.

I wake up again and this time its because of my alarm clock. I hit the off button and slowly sit up. Did i just dream that or did Four really came shirtless into my room in the middle of the night? I shrug and sit up. Whatever. I get dressed in a jeans and a comfy pullover. I change that weird plaster-bandage thing on my nose, I pull my hair into a messy bun and then slowly walk down stairs. Today its uriahs turn to make breakfast. I groan when i realise that tomorrow its my turn then. I pass the kitchen and mumble a good moring before i walk outside to pick up the post. Its freezing and i forgot shoes and so i walk over the freezing cold stones, grab the post and tiptoe-run inside again. I look through it. One for Mar, one for Uri, one for all of us and one for me. I lay them all on the table and then plop on my chair. I never got post before. When it turn it around i gasp. The stamp on the back! Its the one from the university i applyed for. "U-u-uri! Come here!" I stutter. He comes into the living room. I show him the stamp and he gasps as well. "Open it! open it!" He says and i nod. "Hey everyone! Tris got a letter from the university!" He shouts upstairs. Only a few seconds later i hear running on the stairs and then Mar and Shauna dash into the room. "What does it say?" Mar asks out of breath. I slowly open it and pull out the paper. "We are happy to inform you that from now on you can call yourself a stundent of our university!" I read out loud, the last part squeeling. I jump up and Mar hugs me tightly. Then i hug shauna and Uri as well. "Oh my god!" "This is amazing!" "Wow!" They all congratulate me and i smile widely. Then the others slowly start to trickle in. When Zeke comes down the stairs shauna runs towards him. "Omg! Tris was accepted to the university!!" She squeels and i just grin. He gives me a thumb up and i grin wider. A thing i learned: before Zeke got his coffee he can't do anything. The next one to come down the stairs is Four. I still don't know whether i just dreamed this whole thing. He doesn't look at me. He just goes straight into the kitchen. I shrug but mar aparently thinks differently. "Four!" She scolds. "Come here immediatly! You will congratulate Tris!" He sticks his head out of the door. "For what?" Mar rolls her eyes. "She got accepted for the university!" "Ah cool. Good job Tris." He smiles a bit and i return it. He vanishes into the kitchen again and Mar rolls her eyes. "Whatever. This is amazing! I am so happy right now!" Mar squeels again and i laugh. "It says i'll start in about two weeks." She nods. "Ok, Lynn, Uri, Mar, you have to go to school now." Zeke says "But they always take me with them." I complain. "Yes, but if we wait for you we will be late." Uri says in a matter of fact voice. I mumble a: "Whatever." He pats my shoulder. "You can drive with Four and Zeke." He suggests and i nod. "But i am not going to work today." Zeke shouts out of the kitchen. Uri shrugs. "Ok, then i guess its just four and you." I nod and smile. I give him a quick hug. "Bye, see you all tonight." I say once they all put on their shoes. I get three 'bye's as an answer and then go back to eating my cornflakes. Shauna stard reading through the letter. "It says that you need a few books." I nod amd swallow the bit i just took. "Yup, i will buy thoses during the next few days." She nods and continues reading.

20 minutes later i am standing next to the door and am putting on my shoes. Four steps next to me and does the same. I grab my winter jacket and step outside with four directly behind me. "Why is zeke not working today?" I ask to break the awkward silence. He shrugs. "This boy always finds some weird reasons not to go to work." I laugh. "Yeah." Four opens the door for me and i smile at him when i get in. I watch him while he walks around the car. He ruffles through his hair and then opens the door. I quickly pretend to check my phone. I put it away when he sits down. "Lets go then." He says and starts the engine. I buckle my seatbelt and he pulls out on the street. "Don't you want to buckle your seatbelt?" I ask after a few seconds. He shrugs. "This is not very intellegient. There are more than 100 deaths each year because people thought it wouldn't matter. Do you want to be one of those people? Do you really want that?" He rolls his eyes and at the next spot light buckles his seatbelt. The light turn green and four speaks up: "I just wanted to apologise for last night again... you know. I just dreamed bad and kinda overreacted." I grin. "So it wasn't a dream?" He sighs. "I wished it was." I just nod and put my hand over my mouth to hide my smile. I reach towards the heater of the car to make it a few degrees warmer. The bracelet Al gave me glitters in the sun that peeks through the clouds. He glances at it and reads the ingravement. "Nice bracelet." "Thanks." "Who gave it to you?" "A friend. It was my good bye present. I thought about inviting them, maybe you will meet him." He just nods and for a second i think i see jealousy in his eyes. No that can't be...
For the rest of the car ride we just talk about random things.

I hop out of the car and wave at four before i vanish into the library.
Inside i am immediatly engulved by the smell of book pages. My favourite smell. I smile and walk towards Mr Clark. He is my supervisor. "Good morning mr clark." "Ah tris, good you are here. Jeremy had to call of work. He is ill." I nod and throw my back pack into my locker. "You will have to watch area A and B because of that." "I think i can handle that. Oh by the way, the university accepted me." I say and smile. "Wow Tris! That is amazing. Congrats!" I smile and he bear hugs me. I laugh. "Thanks. But that means i won't be able to work here as much." He nods. "Of course. Thats fine." I smile and he squeezes my shoulder before i walk off towards section A. I put on the band that shows i am an assictance. I snatch the book i am reading from the shelf and sit at one of the tables.

This job is just perfect for me. I love reading and this is what i get to do the whole day. Of course i also help people, but mostly there is no one here untill school is over. Then all the school kids come.

After a long day i stand infront of the library with my jacket pulled around my shoulders closely. I still shiver. I step from one foot to another to keep me warm. I wait for Four to pick me up again. Suddenly someone puts a hand on my shoulder. I jump slightly and turn around. I look at a man. This man has long grey-black hair. He grins evily and i see that a few of his teeth are missing. I recoil from him. "Hello sweetheart. Why don't you come with me?" "No!" I say sternly and push his hand away. "Oh come on..." he lays a hand on my hip and i push him away. The lessons Four thought me pop into my mind. If one man attacks you: kick him in the groin, punch in the stomach. Before i start punching him i start to walk away. "Sweetie! Come on, lets have some fun..." he calls after me. I keep walking. He follows me. I hear his steps on the ground. He lays his hand on my shoulder and i turn around and kick him in the groin. He gasps for air and i punch his stomach. Just then Fours car parks next to the library. I start to walk towards him but this man still follows me. "You are feisty, i like that. You can hurt me some more..." i just walk faster towards four. Four now stepped out and looks around. His eyes fall on me and he comes towards me. "Why were you all the way over there?" I just pull him with me. "Sweetie, come here. I am more fun." The man says again. I sigh, close my eyes, turn around and punch him square on the nose. He falls on the floor and holds his nose. I pull four with me again. I get into the car, slam the door and buckle my seat belt. Four gets in as well. He shoots me a sideways glance before he starts the engine. He stars driving and i stay silent. After a while he clears his throat and suddenly starts laughing. I've never seen Four laugh like that. He doesn't seem able to stop. "You - just - punched - him!" He says through laughs and i soon join in. "What were i supposed to do? He was creepy." He laughs even more. "You are incredible tris." I blush but luckily its dark so he doesn't see it. I giggle. "Thanks."