Chapter 22

Three weeks later

"Aaand the cast is gone." My doctor says and smiles. I smile too. Mar stands behind me and has her hands on my shoulders. "Punctual for christmas." She points out and i laugh. "Yeah. I am glad to have my arm back." We all laugh and then i put my shirt back on. I already started inititation again but only shoot guns, throw knifes and sometimes train with punching bag till now. My leg still hurts sometimes but the doctor said it should be fully healed in about two or three more weeks. Finally. I hop down from the stretcher and bend my arm. It doesn't hurt at all and during the last week the cast only was for protection because that arm is a lot weaker now. I will have to train hard to bring it back to the old state. But i know i can do this. Tobias already promised to train me seperatly so i could catch up with the others. I take the crutches the doctor handed me and try them out. I put a bit of weight onto my hurt leg and then quickly stand on the other. "Very good. You are free to go now." I nod and slowly walk towards the exit. The others wait infront of the door and smile when they see me. The all jump up. "And how did it go?" "Did it hurt?" "Aparently it didn't hurt Uri she didn't scream at all." "Well tris is a though cookie. She wouldn't scream if it hurt." "Ok guys. You know 'tris' is standing infront of you..." They all laugh and we start walking. "And no. It didn't hurt at all. It was totally fine. She said that i'll need an operation for my leg though. They put some nails and plates in there to steady the fracture and it is really fascinating because..." i stop myself because everyone is grinning at me. Even Tobias. "What?" I ask confused. "Do you want to tell her?" Zeke asks towards uri. "Tell me what?" I ask even more confused. Uri sighs and lays his hands on my shoulders. "You are a total nerd." Everyone starts laughing and i join in. "I guess its true..." i shrug and everyone laughs again.

"Ok Uri,Mar you set the table and Shaun and i will prepare the food." I say and start to follow Shauna into the kitchen. They all nod and i see Tobias and Zeke fall onto the couch just before i enter. "So, what do you want to eat today?" Shauna asks. "Since its only lunch maybe something light. Noodles with tomato sauce or something like that maybe." Shauna shrugs and we start working on the food.
While i put the noodles into the boiling water shauna suddenly asks: "Do you have a crush on Four?" I nearly drop the noddles and stutter: "W-what? No. Why are you asking?" I ask in the end panicked. Shauna giggles. "Come on Tris." She whispers. "You can tell me. I won't tell anyone." I sigh and bite my lip. "Well, okay. Maybe i do have a tiny crush on him." She squeels and i clap my hand over her mouth. "Could you shut it?" She grins. "We play Candor or dauntless today. Do you want to join?" I frown and tilt my head to the side. "What?" "Oh sorry. Its basicly truth or dare but like in the cool dauntless version. If you don't want to do a dare you have to take of an articel of clothing." I shrug. "Okay. I'll join you. Why not." "Okay. I'll just go and talk to uri for a minute." I nod and put the noodles into the water.

"Okay. Who will start?" Mar asks once i sat down in the circle. Uris hand shoots up and everyone grins. "Okay Trissy. Candor or dauntless?" I glare at him. "Dauntless." I say and lean back and pretend to yawn. Tobias has to stifle a grin. Uri rubs his hands. "Kiss Zeke." He says and grins. I freeze completly. They don't know that i still haven't kissed a boy. "Ehm..." i stutter and look around for help. "Oh my... you haven't kissed a boy yet?" Mar asks unbelievingly. I slowly nod and get tomato red. All of their mouths fall open. "Ok guys... you can close you mouths now. Stop pretending like you are surprised. Just give me a new dare." I see Tobias shaking his head unbelievingly. "Okay then i'll do a group dare..." he smirks. "I dare all of us to go paintballing now." Mar sighs. "Uri, two days before christmas nothing will be opened." "But we have our own guns and vests at dauntless..." he argues. "Lets do this shit." Zeke says and jumps up. We all laugh and i slowly get up as well. I tuck at Mars jacket. "Will i be able to play along?" She nods. "Yeah. You can be defensive." I nod and we all go upstairs to put on somethig black.

The sun is already setting when we arrive at the small forest they call their paintball field. We all get out of the car. We already decided on the teams. Mar, Tobias, Shauna and I are in one team and Lynn, Zeke and Uri in the other. We spread out and give each other ten minutes to hide. We run off in different directions - well i hop off. My team stops at an abondens building. "Okay, does anyone have a strategy?" Everyone starts thinking. Suddenly a plan forms in my head. "I do!" I say loudly. Everyone turns towards me. I straighten my back and start talking: "We have to split up. We have the advantage of being four people. I say we split up in one team of two people and two teams of one. Mar and Shauna you are the double team and four and i are both alone. Zeke is their best shoot so mar, shauna you will attack him. Since you are faster than me Four you will take Uri while i go for lynn. Cool?" Everyone looks at me with opend mouths. "Don't be so surprised i had only As' on my final report. Everyone laughs quietly. "Okay. But how do we find them?" "Easily. Uri is always loud and he will probably stay together with lynn. Maybe they also want to plan a trap. We search for them as a team but split up as soon as we found them. If you only find Uri and Lynn watch your backs or Zeke will shoot you." Everyone nods and we start walking around. We hide between trees and the only noise we make is sometimes the cracking of a branch or the quiet breathing.
We are half way through the woods when i hear Uri's voice. "Shit!" I hear him cursing. Every head of my team snaps in that direction. I nod my head towards the noise and we split up. In te beginning i stay with Tobias and follow behind him. He takes quick turns and hides behind the trees so easily as if he never did something else. I try to follow his movements the best i can. I see Uri and Lynn hiding behind a tree. I look around for Zeke and see him just above them - sitting in the tree looking out for us. I hold tobias back just before he could walk into the sight of Zeke. I put my finger over my lips and point towards Zeke in the tree. He sees him and gives me a thumbs up. He starts walking a different way and i sneak closer towards them. When i shoot them while they can't see me we will easily win. I hide behind a bush just infront of them. I put my weight onto my right leg and slowly let the top of my gun peek through the bush. I aim for Lynn and shoot. The paint hits her arm and they both start looking around panicked and confused. I smirk and aim for her chest. Pang. I hit her right into the chest. She curses and throws her gun onto the ground. Just then another ball full of paint flys towards them and hits uri on the leg. He wipes around and i use the oppertunity to shoot him in the back. He turns around again and then dramaticly clutches his heart and alls to the floor. I have to stiffle a laugh when i suddenly hear a branch breaking behind me. I turn around but am not fast enough. Zeke stands infront of me with his finger on the trigger. I pull my gun up but to late. I hear him fire but don't feel the paintball hiting me. Zeke turns around confused and sees tobias standing behind him smirking. "Watch you back zekey." He says. I laugh and shoot Tobias chest. His mouth drops open. "You didn't!" I start laughing really hard when suddenly a paintball hits my leg. I turn around and see uri smirking. "Revenge you canouflage monster!" I laugh and shoot his shoulder and soon the other join in and we do a paintball war without rules. Its amazing.
After an hour of randomly shooting other people with paintballs we are out of them and have to head home. My shirt is splattered with pain and i decide to keep it that way. As a reminder of the amazing time i am having here.