Chapter 37

I am running through a field. The sky is coloured weird. An orange pinkish tone. I shudder. Suddenly the grass next to me starts burning. I try to run away but my feet stick into the mud. I scream for help and start to trash around trying to free myself. Finally i am able to get my shoes off and jump forward. I land on hard earth again and start running away from the fire. Then a cloud shifts infront of the sun. But when i look up its no cloud that darkened the sun - its crows. Hundreds. Thousands. They all fly towards me at once. I scream again and start to run away again. There is a big fence in the way. I groan in frustration. The crows come down and start picking at me. Tears gather in my eyes and i try to punch them away. "Tris!" I suddenly her a voice. I know that voice. Something shakes me. "Tris! Wake up!" I open my eyes but the crows are gone. I look into stormy blue eyes that look down at me concerned. I still feel the disgusting feathers on my skin and start to trash around to brush them off. Strong arms wrap around me and i feel tears dripping down my face. "Its okay Tris. I got you." I hear tobias concerned but still calm voice. I open my eyes and look into his eyes. I still feel the adrenalin in my blood and my heart still races. I am on tobias lab and he strokes my hair. "Are you okay?" He asks once he noticed that i a calmer. I slowly nod. That was the most horrible nightmare i ever had. I still have tobias strong arms around me. I scoot even closer to him and he smiles. "Come on lets sleep again." He lays me down next to him and immeditaly pulls me close to him. "Sleep i will fight off the bad dreams when they come." "With what?" I ask and turn to him. "My bare hands obviously." I smile and shortly press my lips to his. He smiles as well. I turn away again still feeling his presence behind me the whole time. It calms me so much that i immediatly fall asleep again.
When i wake up the next time i still feel tobias breathing on my neck. I slowly peel away from his arms and stand up. When i look at the clock i realise its only 6 am. I sigh because i know that i won't be able to go back to sleep. I put on sport clothes. Just then i notice the necklace Tobias gave me again. I look at it a long time and smile. Its so beautiful. I put it under my shirt and then walk out.

The still cool air wakes me up. I start jogging in a fast tempo. It fills my lungs and burns a bit when i exhale. I love the feeling when i am running. I feel free. I run faster untill i am nearly sprinting. I get slower after a few minutes and continue in a normal tempo. After about twenty minutes i feel myself getting more tired and so i take a turn and take the shorter road home.
"Morning." Zeke greets me when i enter the house again. I smile. "Morning." The sweat runs down my neck. "You are up early." I shrug. "I couldn't sleep." He nods. "I'll just take a shower." He nods and smiles at me. I smile back.
I run up the stairs. The morning run filled me with energy. Outside of the bathroom i meet Lynn. "Morning lynn." I chirp. She just grunts and i grin. I step into the bathroom and quickly take off my sweaty clothes.
The warm water hits my back only a few seconds later. It washes away all my sweat but as i am standing in the shower the memories of my nightmare slowly trickle in my mind again. I shudder and suddenly want tobias to comfort me. I step out of the shower, wrap a towel around my body and step outside. "Four?" I ask to check whether he is already downstairs. "Not here." Zeke answers. I nod and turn to my room.
Only when i already shake tobias awake i realise that i am still only wearing a towel. But its to late now. Tobias slowly wakes up. He sits up and looks at me. His eyes travel to my bare legs but then he quickly looks at my face again. "What is it?" He asks. "I-i don't know." I suddenly feel stupid. I woke him up for no reason. He does the exact right thing though. He pulls me towards him and presses his lips on mine. Immediatly my stress vanishes and i just kiss him back. I tangle my hand in his hair and pull him closer. Suddenly my towel slips down. Immediatly i want to stop it but its to late. But being the perfect man tobias is he already closed his eyes. I quickly put on an underpant and a way to big shirt of him. Then i tip toe infront of him again. He still has his eyes shut. "Are you dressed again Tris?" Instead of answering i just jump on him and kiss him. He lets out a surprised gasp and i giggle. He rolls us over so he is laying on top of me and opens his eyes. Before he can say anything i pull him down to me. He smiles and i do too.

When i return from university the whole house is dark. I frown. I unlock the door and step in. "Hello?" I ask into the darkness. "Tris?" Shaunas voice asks out of the darkness. "Yes. Why are you sitting in the dark?" "Come here." She whispers. I find my way over to her and when i arrive my eyes adjusted to the darkness and i can see that the others all sit on the couch as well apart from Tobias and Zeke. "What is it?" "The elecricity went down. Four and zeke search for the problem." Uri explains. Just in that moment all the lights go on again. Uri grins. "Told you they could do it." He says and holds his hand out. Will rolls his eyes and hands him ten dollars. With the lights the TV went on. When i see who is giving an interview i quickly turn on the sound. "We have marcus eaton here with us today. Hello Mr Eaton." "Hello. Its a pleasure to be here tonight." I roll my eyes. They start a normal interview with him. What are your goals? What do you want to change? Not anything new. But then suddenly tobias gets mentioned. "There are rumours about your son: Tobias eaton. He ran away when he was 16 years old. Will you search for him?" Marcus smiles a sad smile - it looks fake to me. "Yes my son ran away. He never really got over the death of his mother. And yes of course i am searching for him. And i am sure we will reunite soon." "No we won't!" Tobias says. I jump a bit. I didn't hear him coming. "Ok calm down. He is just talking bullshit." I try to calm him. I lay a hand on his arm and make him sit down. The others look at us and i give them a look so they will leave us alone. Once they are gone i turn towards Tobias again. "Did you reconect with him?" He looks at me and raises an eyebrow. "With the man who made my whole childhood hell? No i didn't. He tryed though. He is trying for about half a year now. I never answered." I nod. "I understand. Do you think your dad will do anything to get you?" "I hope he won't. If he touches you or anyone else he will pay for it." He wraps me in his arm protectivly. "I will be more carefull." I say and give him a light kiss. He nods. "Thank you. I won't let anything happen to you."