Chapter 31

When we come downstairs my parents and all of the others all sit on the couch. "Hey guys." I say. Tobias takes my hand and i squeeze it a bit. He sits down next to Lynn and i sit on his lab, because there is no other space. "So, what shall we do today?" Shauna asks and smiles. I shrug. "I could show them Dauntless." Everyone nods but my parents. The only look confused. I smile and stand up. "Come on. I'll show you a big part of my life."

I turn the wheel one last time and then turn of the car. "Here we are." I say and point towards the big dauntless building. It looks kind of creepy with its few windows and the huge flame that is painted on the wall. My mother sits next to me while my father and Tobias sit in the back. I leave the car and see out of the corner of my eyes how Tobias opens the door for mum. I smile.
We all walk towards the entrence while i strg explaining. "Dauntless, is a kind of fitness center only a bit more extrem. You fight with other people, learn how to shoot a gun and how to throw knifes." My parents look shocked and i can't supress a small smile.
Once we crossed the entrence area we walk towards the trainings room. Since initiation is over there are more people in there. Two people are fighting in the arena, about ten are at the punching bags and a few others throw knifes behind the safety glass. When i look at my parents both of their mouths are open in awe or shock. I can't really tell. "A-and you train... here?" Dad asks a bit panicked. I just nod. "Yes. Every second day but sometimes even every day. I got through initiation and now i am a full member." They both nod. "Your daughter was ranked first. She had the second best time ever." Mum smiles at me and dad still seems to have to process what he just sees and hears. "Congratulations." Mom says and i smile at her. "Thank you." Then the door opens and when i see who steps in my insides cringe. I grab Tobias hand to steady myself. Eric slowly walks towards us. He looks at Tobias and mine intervined hands with a look so evil and cruel i have to shudder. "Hello everyone." He says fake friendly towards us. "Hello. We are the parents of..." my father starts but i interupt him. "They are the parents of Julia." I say quickly. "They just wanted to see this dauntless thing here." I quickly add. Eric smiles at them fake. "Nice to meet you." My parents who luckily played along extand their hands and then shake hands with eric. How do they manage touching him? Only the sight of him makes me shudder. They start some light talking while i keep glancing at Tobias. Ever since eric appeard all his muscles are tense. When Eric finished talking to my parents he walkd over to us. He lays an arm around my shoulder and tobias looks like he eants to punch him in the face. I step aside so his arm falls down. "Hey Eric." I say coldly. He smirks. "Are together with little four over here now? You get around a lot... Just yesterday i saw you kissing this other dude. I think you called him jackson and before that Uriah. Wow." He just walks off with a smirk on his face. I feel like i could explode any second. I look at Tobias. He just glares at Erics back. I grab his hand and wake him out of his daze. "You know its not true, right?" I just then realise hoe much fear is in my voice. I don't want to argue with Tobias. He nods and hugs me closely. "I know tris." He whispers.

After a happy dinner Chris and will leave. They have their first days a university tomorrow. I am excited for them and they are also excited. My parents will only stay here for a few days. We all sit on the couch and just talk for a long time.

When i already lay in bed i cant sleep. I have grown so used to Tobias next to me that i can't really sleep without him anymore. I stand up and walk out of my room. The whole hallway is pitch black. I barely see anything. I find my way to Tobias room and carefully knock. When no one answers i slowly open the door. The moon light lightens his room a bit and so i see that his bed still is unmade. I frown. Where could he be? I saw him going to bed not half an hour ago. I slowly walk back to my room and lay in my bed again. My mind wanders and i decide to wait for him. I sit in my armchair and start reading in my book. I am nearly asleep when my door opens. I feel myself getting lifted up but am to tired to see who it is. The someone lays me on my bed and kisses my forehead. "Good night tris. I love you." I can't hold back a smile. Tobias. He came back.