Chapter 14

Four pov:
My world stops spinning. I stare at Tris. She lays on top of the car. The driver jumps out of the car and starts to dial a number. An ambulance. Suddenly i get poked. I spin around and see a small girl. She smiles a bit. "My dad told me not to look at the girl and you look like you shouldn't do that either." I just nod and get out of the car. I walk around it with the girl at my hand. I give her to her mum and then walk towards tris. The man is still phoning. "Are you calling an ambulance?" I ask monoton. He nods and then hangs up. "They will be here in a few minutes." I nod again and walk past him. Towards tris.

I drive with the ambulance. I parked my car and then waited, holding tris hand. I am so stupid. It was all my fault. All my fault... just when we arrive i think of the others. They will probably want to know about it. Tris gets rushed out and i just follow. I follow towards the elevator but then a nurse holds me back. "You can't come with them." I struggle against her while the lift doors close. "No!" I scream and pound against them. "I-i-i-i need her!" I scream even louder. I don't care who hears me. "Its all my fault!" I scream again. People look at me but again i don't care. "Shh. Please calm down. You can help her. Do you want to help her?" I just nod and suddenly everything is like i am underwater. I only hear muffled sounds. I follow the blurry nurse towards two chairs. "What is her name? Do you know of any allergics your girlfriend has?" I shake my head. "She is not my girlfriend." Is the only thing i say. "Ok, do you have any other friends i can call." I nod and get out my phone. My hands shake violently and i am not able to stop them. She takes the phone from me once i unlocked it. "What are their names?" "Home." Is all i say. She looks confused, or at least that is what i think she looks but then she typs it into my contact search list and finds the number. She calls it. "Hello, are there the friends of..." she looks at me "Tris, Tris Prior." I whisper. "Of tris prior." I can hear zekes voice through the speaker. "Yes. Is everything alright?" The nurse shakes her head. "You should come to the hospital immediatly. Your friend was hit by a car and your other friend over here is traumatized." My head sinks into my hands. This is all my fault. All my fault. I shouldn't have yelled at her like this. I shouldn't have yelled. I don't know how long i sit there like this - my head in my hands. But after a while i feel a strong hand shaking me. I don't look up. Marlenes tear streaked face appears infront of me. I don't look at her. Finally Uri comes and slaps my cheek. Hard. I look up. My ears are not muffled anymore and i see them clearly. Marlene, Lynn, Shauna, Zeke and Uriah. They sit infront of me. Zeke speaks up: "what happend to her?" I shake my head and clutch my hands in my laps. "I-i-it-its all my fault." Zeke shakes his head and lays his hands on my shoulders. "No its not. Whatever happend its not your fault. You know you can help tris if you tell them what happend." He whispers the last part. I nod and zeke runs to get the nurse. When they are back i start explaining. Everything. I don't tell them what we talked about but i tell them that i yelled. The nurse nods and writes some things down. Then she walks away.
Everyone is still shocked. This happens in movies or series but not to us... not to tris. She is too young to gentle and to important to just die now. She will survive. She has to survive. The image of her weord ankled limps flash my mind. I close my eyes. This is to much.
After a while zeke and Shauna stand up. They explain that they want to get some things. For Tris and also for us. "Shouldn't we call jackson as well?" At the sound of his name my throat tightens. Someone aparently answered because Marlene doesn't do it. I am glad.

Hours later. Maybe ten maybe fifteen the nurse aproaches us. We were in the waiting room the whole time. We ate - i barely did - we talked - but not much. Most of the time we just sat there and were quiet. "I have news." Is all she says. Mars head, that was resting in uris lap shoots up. We all straighten our sore backs and look at her. "Is there any family of her here?" She asks. Mar answers: "Well, not directly. No blood relative." She nods. "Does she has blood relatives?" We nod. "I guess you should call them." My heart clenches. "Just tell us! What is the matter with her?" Lynn cries out. I have never seen lynn like this. The nurse squeezes her hands together. "The operation is not over yet but in about half an hour it should be." I sink back into my chair. "Do you have any possibilty to call them? I mean the blood relavites?" I pull Tris phone out of my pocket and hand it to mar. My hands still shake. Mar takes it, unlocks it. No one asks why she knows the code. She typs in: home in tris contact list. And then a picture of all of us appear. We took that a few weeks ago. Tris wanted to have one. Marlenes eyes tear up. "Try Caleb." Is all i say. "Her brother." I add. She nods and types it in, her hand shaking as well now. She lays the phone at her ear. It rings. It rings again. I can hear it through the speaker again. Then he picks up. "Bea? Its so nice that you call me. How are you? I miss you so much." I hear a male voice say. Mar cleares her throat. "Excuse me, here is not Tris. Are you Caleb?" "Yes. Who are you and why do you have my sisters phone?" "Caleb, maybe Tris told you about me, my name is Marlene." "Oh yeah, she did. What is the matter? Did something happen to her? Is she alright?" His voice sound fearfull now. Mar sighs. "Not really no. She was hit by a car. She is still in surgery. We don't know much more. Nothing more." When he speaks the next time his voice is shaking: "Where do you live? Which train station is near?" "The train station is called Dauntless. You will need about seven or eight hours." "Okay." Before he hangs up i mumble: "Christina, Will, Al." "Wait!" Mar says quickly. "Maybe take her other friends. Christina, Will and Al." "Yes. Yes. Good idea. I'll take the next train." Then he hangs up.

Maybe half an hour later a man in a green gown and a weird hat walks towards us. He gives us a small smile. He is young. Maybe 27. Not much older. We all scramble to out feet and look at him. "I guess you are the friends of tris prior?" We all nod. "What happend? Will someone please tell me what happend?" Uri demands. The man nods. "I will. Please calm down." He motions for us to sit and we all do. "I did your friend Tris's surgery. She had about six or seven broken bones - a leg, an arm, three ribs, her jaw and a fracture of the skull base - oh and her lungs had a few injuries because her ribs injured them." I feel like i can't breath. "My team and I still managed to fix all of that." I release a breath i didn't know i was holding. "The bad news is that she won't be able to walk for the next few weeks and she will have to stay in hospital because of her lung injurie." He finishes. "Will she heal completly?" Someone asks - i think it was Shauna. The doctor nods and it feels like i can finally breath again. Mar goes up to him and hugs him. One by one they all hug him. I don't. "Can we see her?" I ask but my voice doesn't sound like my voice, it comes out strangled and tight and shaky. He nods and beckons for us to follow him. We do.
We follow him into the lift. He presses the button for floor number six and the lift slowly stars moving. If the floor of the lift would open now we would fall to our death. My breaths come out shaky. The walls slowly seem to close up to me. I squeeze my eyes shut and try to take deep breaths. To many people in here. Not enough oxiden. Finally the door jumps open and i run outside. I hold the wall for suport and try to focus. The doctor lays a hand on my shoulder. "Deep breaths. You are out of it. Everything is fine." I nod and then straight my back. I was weak long enough, i have to be strong now. This aim flys away when the doctor opens the door and i see her...