Chapter 15

Four pov (i will only do that on special occasions like this):
I stay next to her. For minutes, for hours. I just sit next to her, on the hard white plastic chair. I just look at her. At some point the others leave to get a few things but i stay. Marlene does the same. The others also like tris but for Mar and me she is someone special... I lay my head on her bed and before i can stop myself i am asleep.
Someone screams. Loud. My head shoots up. Its dark outside. Its a female scream. Its Tris. Its not a terrified scream its a scream you do when you have imense pain. My heart clenches and i grab her hand. She nearly breakes it so hard squeezes she it. Multiple doctores and nurses rush inside. The other stand around her and look as pained as i feel. The doctor who operated her puts his hands on her shoulder and holds her down. She looks at the doctor with fear and terror in her eyes. The frame that holds her jaw in place glitters with her spit. "Tris. We managed to fix you but now its your turn. You have to fight and i know you can do this. You are a fighter. You can do this." She only nods and trys to say something. "F-f-f" she gets out. "Food?" The doctor asks. "Fo-fo..." she stutters and then breaks down in tears, her hand clenching mine even harder. She can't turn her head because of the frame. "Are you trying to say 'four'?" Mar asks and tris squeezes her eyes shut and manages a small nod. My heart skips a beat. She is asking for me. Although we had a fight. Although i am the reason she lays here. I lean forward and squeeze her hand a bit. More tears well up in her eyes and i reach past the frame to wipe them away. "I am here." She nods a bit again. As much as she can. I see Mar and uri exchange a look before Uri says: "I guess we will go now." Tris eyes widen and she holds onto my hand. "I'll stay. Everything fine. I am here." I say again and stroke her hand with my thumb. She squeezes her eyes shut again and the tears drop onto her face. The others leave and Mar squeezes Tris healthy foot and then they leave. I am alone with her. I sit at the end of the bed so she can see me, her hand still tightly in mine. She just looks at me. With her blue grey eyes. Her eyes. I just stare at them. After a few seconds i clear my throat. "Are you in pain. One squeeze means yes, two mean no." She squeezes my hand one time and a half. I nod. "I am so sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that. It was stupid. I am stupid." She squeezes two times. "Yes i am." She squeezes one time and smiles a bit. At least that is what i think she does. I smile as well. "Yes i am. I am really sorry. Your brother, Christina, Will and Al are on their way. They will arrive some time tomorrow." She squeezes one time. "Do you think that is good?" She squeezes one more time. "Good." Then i keep quiet. She squeezes her eyes shut again and then squeezes my hand three times. "What means three times Tris?" I ask her. She just looks at me. What could she mean. "Do you ask whether i am ok?" She squeezes two times. "Whether the others are ok?" Again two times. I just hold her hand and we are silent when suddenly i hear Jacksons voice. I inwardly groan. Yey, the idiot is coming... He dashes through the door and tris groans because of the loud noise. "Its alright its just jackson." She squeezes one time. Jackson eyes her hand in mine and rips it away. "I am here tris. I am here. This idiot can go away now." Jackson coes. I see Tris hand squeeze his two times and try to hide a smile. "What does two times mean?" "It means 'no'. One time is yes." He rolls his eyes. "Of course you would say that now." He turns towarss tris. "Ok, so tris two times is yes and one time is no okay?" She squeezes two times. "Do you want Four to leave?" She squeezes one time and i grin. "Do you want Jackson to leave?" I ask. She squeezes one time and jackson drops her hand hard on the bed and she groan in pain. "You idiot!" I scream. "Just leave!" "Fine. I will." He huffs and leaves the room. I can't hold back the huge grin that settles on my face. She trys to roll her eyes and then closes them. Her hand goes limp in mine. "Tris?" I ask unsure. "Tris?" I ask again. I squeeze her hand - no response. I panick and click the button for the nurse. Immediatly one is inside. "Everything alright?" I point at tris. "Sh-she just went unconcious! In one second we were talking and in the next she just went limp." The nurse sighs a breath of relief. "You don't need to worry about that. That is normal. It was only the anasthetics kicking in." I nod and take tris hand again. What did she mean by three squeezes?