Chapter 20

It knocks on my door a few hours later. "Go away Four!" I say annoyed. "Its me. Lynn." I hear lynns voice. I am confused. "Ehh, ok come in Lynn." She comes in and smiles a bit. "Hey Tris. Are you alright?" "Why do you ask?" She rolls her eyes. "Oh come on... what ever happend between you and Four can not be so important so stop whining." I laugh a bit. Lynn has a way of saying everything that goes through her mind. I like that. Its a bit like chris talks. She lightly punches my shoulder and i smile. "So stop mopping and drowing in fictional worlds. Come live in the real one." I roll my eyes and kick away my blanket. "Wow, that was deep." She laughs and i grin as well.

Downstairs everyone is sitting at the table expect from Tobias. I manage to hold back the question where he is and just let Uri sit me down. Mar nudges my shoulder. "Are you okay?" She asks over the constant noise that our group makes. I just nod and smile at her. I am worried about Tobias. Where is he? Just then the door opens and tobias steps in. When i see him my mouth falls open. His lip is split open and he has a bruise under his eye. His knuckles are split and still bright red. What did he do? Zeke gets him over to the table and gives him something to eat and to drink. Tobias says nothing. I try to focus on my food but my eyes always shift back to Tobias.
After dinner when Mar and i are standing in the kitchen i decide to ask her about him. "Mar, why was Four looking the way he did? He looked awful." She bites her lip and then sighs. She puts away the plate she was just cleaning and turn around so she is facing me. "He gets into fights at Dauntless." I raise my eyebrows at her and she continues: "Well, at dauntless there are always people who just want to fight to release their anger and sometimes Four is one of them. If he is stressed or something bothers him he usually goes there. He didnt do that for weeks though. I wonder what happend." I shrug and turn away. I know what happend. I yelled at him. But he was acting like an idiot.
When i finished the dishes with Mar we go upstairs. Well technically i hop upstairs with Mars help.
When we pass Tobias room i see light peeking through his closed door. "Zeke, Shauna, Uri and I will do to the cinema today. Do you want to join us?" I laugh a bit. "And be fifth wheel? No thank you. No but seriously, i got to learn anyways." She laughs and nods. Then she gives me a quick hug and vanishes into her room. I knock on lynns door. "Yes!" I hear her voice. I slowly open the door and step inside. I have never been in lynns room. She has a bed in the left corner that has a black matress, pillows and blankets. Generally everything is black in her room. She has three monitors on her wall and right now is sitting infront of them. "Oh hey Tris. What is it?" I bite my lip. I don't even know why i knocked. "Euh i don't know." Lynn turns around and frowns. "But you realised that you knocked on my door... right?" I roll my eyes and she grins. "Ok whatever i have to beat this stupid level. Just come back when you know what you wanted." I laugh a bit and leave her room again. I honestly don't know why i did that... I shrug and hop towards my room before i get a kind of risky and weird idea. I turn around and hop towards the stairs. I slowly hop down and get a bag full of ice cubes. I hop upstairs again. Lynn is still in her room and plays her game. I lift my hand to knock on fours door. What am i doing? I ask myself just while i knock. He ribs the door open and i stumble backwards. He quickly steadys me by my elbow. I clear my throat and he releases me. He scratches his neck. "So what is it?" He asks. "I just wanted to see how you ae doing... Can i come in?" He doesnt answer just steps aside so i can enter. Then he closes the door again. His room is brighter than Lynns. He has a whole wall full of books. On his desk is a computer with two monitors, a huge keyboard and a computer mouse. His bed is also completly black and on the wall opposite from it are three words spraied in black: Fear god alone! He looks at me nervously and sits down on his bed. I sit next to him and show him the ice bag i hid behind my back. I walk towards him and sit down on his bed as well. I hold the bag on his swollen eye and he doesn't move. Not a tiny bit. He just looks me into the eyes and i look back. After a few minutes or houres, i lost track of the time he asks: "Why are you doing this?" "Because you are hurt and i learned to help hurt people. Even if its their own fault that they are hurt." He looks on the floor and i feel kind of empty without his eyes locked with mine. "I am sorry i yelled at you." I say after a bit of time. He looks up. "Don't be. I have to be sorry. I overreacted. Again." I slowly nod. "Yes you did. But that doesn't give me the right to yell at you. He shrugs and looks at me again. Then i just lay my hand on his. His hand rests on his thigh and i just place mine above. Just because i feel like it. He looks at me and again i look back. Then it suddenly knocks. We both wake out of our daze and i jump up. The ice bag falls to the floor and i remember who he is. He is four. My initiation instructor and sometimes my friend. "Eh thank you for the advice." I say loudly and he plays along. "No problem." I open the door and Lynn stands infront of me. "Hey Lynn." I say. Trying to act casually. He nods at me and then turns towards four. "Could you help me with my computer?" She climpers her long eyelashes and something inside me wants to slap her. Tobias shrugs and follows her out of the room. "What is the problem now Lynn?" "I don't know i just..." i don't hear the rest because the door gets shut. I try to swallow that angry feeling and hop into my room. I slam my door shut and fall onto my bed. Unluckily i fall on my broken leg. A small scream escapes me and i clench my teeth. Shit! I suck in the air trough gritted teeth and slowly turn around. Suddenly Lynn and Tobias are inside the room. Tobias quickly is by my side. "Are you okay?" He asks quickly. I just nod and sit up. Lynn takes my arm and helps me to sit on my bed in a comfortable position. "What happend?" "I was being dump and fell onto my leg." I explain while the pain in my leg slowly becomes a numb puckering. Tobias mouth twitches and lynn grins. "That is my tris. Still self ironic." She says and i smile as well. "Could i eat my dinner up here? I don't think i will be able to hop downstairs. You could explain it to the others." Lynn nods but Tobias shakes his head. "You won't need to hop." He slides his arms under my knees and my shoulder blades and easily picks me up. I am close to his face and see the different colours of his bruises. Kind of fascinating. It goes from blue to light blue to light green to dark green and at the outer line its a bit purple.
He sets me down at the table and i smile at the others. Uri turns towards me. "Triiis..." "Uriiii..." i mimick him. He grins. "Could you help me with my biology homework?" I smile. "Of course. I love biology!" He grins. "Okay then."

After dinner Shauna and Tobias do the dishes while i walk upstairs with Uri and Lynn. They both need help with learning. "Lets start then." Lynn says and shuts the door. "Lets start." I repeat.