Chapter 39

When i open my eyes again i am back in the room i woke up before. One of my eyes stays shut and when i lift my hand i feel that i have a large bruise that is keeping it shut. I look around I guess i'm in my cell... I try to sit up but can't. Pain shoots through my stomach and espacially my leg. I groan and my face twitches in pain. I slowly manage to sit up. I try to lift up my leg to take a look at it but i can't move it an inch. Tears gather in my eyes just from trying. I cry out a bit when i lay a hand on it to look whether its swollen. It hurts so much. Suddenly the door opens and micheal steps in. His face twitches for a second when he sees me. I can't tell what the twitch meant. "Stand up." He commands. Just the thought of stadning up hurts me and the tears spill on my cheeks. "I-i can't." I stutter out. This time i immediatly recognise the small movement of his face as worry. He walks over to me and pushes up my pants that have blood stains on them. He sucks in air through his teeth when he sees my injuries. I ignore the pain in my stomach and sit up. My ankle is swollen about twice the sice as normally and is coloured a sickly red blue. I wince. "You need a doctor." He states. "Oh no shit einstein. I am glad that my foot got enough blood while i were unconcious." I glare at him. Its his fault. He jumped on it - he knows that. "I will alert jeanine." Just hearing her name makes my stomach turn upside down and a wave of nauseas hits me. I close my eyes and try to push back my tears. I let out a cry of pain when i accidently hit my knee on the stretcher. Is there any part of my body that doesn't hurt? I almost laugh at that thought. I just hope that i either die fast or that someone finds and frees me. I really hope its the second option. Just when i start examining my arms and my stomach - my whole body is swollen and bruised - the door opens again. Jeanine steps in and looks at me. The corners of her mouth twitch when she sees my condition. Sadistic! "Well hello tris." She says. I glare at her - as good as i can with only one eye. "We will let our doctor take a look at your ankle." She just nods and then walks out again. Micheal stays in the room and watches me.
A few minutes later the door opens again and a man steps in. He has grey-white hair, glasses and carries a case - the doctor i suggest. I sit up a bit straighter although it sends pain through my spine. His eyes just quickly touch mine before he concentrates on my ankle. He kneels down and takes a look at it. "Its probably broken. The pain spreads upwards into the next nerve. My right outside bone is the most swollen." I state and look at him. Finally his eyes meet mine and he raises his eyebrows. "Are you medicly educated?" He asks - his voice is deep and somewhat calming. "Yes. I am studying medicine." He nods and starts at the right side of my foot. I flinch when his cold hand touches my ankle but i clench my jaw and squeeze the stretcher untill i can barely feel my hands. After a few minutes he looks up at me. "Do you know what will come now?" I bite my lip. "I suggest you will have to straighten the bone. And i sugest that it will hurt a lot." He nods. "On the count of three." I nod. "One." His cold hands find their positions. "Two." He suddenly pushes and a scream escapes my mouth. With a loud crack my ankel is straight again. I breath heavily and feel tears running down my face. Immediatly my foot gets a bit pinker because more blood can rush into it. I still have my jaw clenched. My ankel still throbs and because of the blood flows better now the nerves work better. Now i feel every prickle of pain that runs up my leg when he stars fixing my foot. The bandage he made goes up to the middel of my lower leg.
When its finally fixed he hands me a bottle of water and a few pills against the pain. I swallow both hungrily. I haven't gotten any food or drink here till now. The doctor nods at micheal and then leaves the room without another word. Once the door is shut i turn to micheal. "Are you satisfied now? Do you now have what you want? Huh?" He doesn't answer and so i just lay back on my stretcher - all my body parts still throbing with pain. I hope tobias finds me soon. I don't know how much longer i can take this. I feel the tears only when they reached my chin. I wipe them away but new ones follow and so i eventually give up. I just lay on my back because my cast doesn't allow anything different.
I don't know how much time passed before the door opens again. The only thing i know is that by now the pain became a constant aching that is not pleasent but bareable. "Hello again tris." I hear jeanines voice. I don't answer or even move my head. I get grabbed at my arm harshly and get pulled into a sitting position. I groan and glare at micheal who pulled me up. "What do you want?" I ask. I spit the word out. "There there tris. No need to be so defensive." She says. "Are you ready to shoot this video for tobias now?" My mind starts buzzing. My head still hurts but i come up with a plan. "Okay. But only if its live." "Why would i do that?" She just says and then she sighs. "You can start. Just make sure to let her stay alive. You know the procedure." Jeanine leaves the room but what she doesnt know is that i will never shoot that stupid video for her. Never. They might kill me, torture or hurt me, but i will never let Tobias get hurt by his father again. Micheal walks over to me. "Why do you have to be so stubborn." "Its really none of your business us it? You are just the guy that beats up other people. The one that hurts other people on purpose." I look at him with pure hatred. What is weird is that he doesn't meet my look. He looks away and then in two strides he stands infront of me. With his back to the camera he injects me with something. It hurts and i flinch. What was this? I look at him in shock but his eyes are so soft that i don't say anything. "Sorry." He whispers and then his fist flys to my face. I don't go unconcious but i fall down the stretcher. I scream when i hit the hard floor. He kicks me in the face and i pass out.