Chapter 51

I snap my suit case shut quietly. Tobias picks it up together with his own. I grab mine and his backpack and take them. We tip toe outside. The others are sleeping. I mean its like 2 am so that is not a suprising thing. A tear escapes my eye. I might never see them again. I quickly wipe it away. I want to stay with Tobias and help him. I place the letters i wrote each one of them on the kitchen counter. I turn away with my head down. Tobias waits for me at the door. He looks at me scepticly. "Till now its not too late. You can still stay here. It would be okay tris." He whispers. Engertic i shake my head. "No. I want to go with you." He smiles a bit and kisses my forehead. "Come on." I nod and follow him.
Before i sit down in the car i look back at the house. All the lights are off. I feel like i can hear uris loud snorring. I quickly turn away. I will horribly miss them. But i would miss tobias even more and so i get inside of the car. Tobias already sits on the drivers seat. He shortly presses his lips to mine. "You ready?" He asks. I look back at the house and then at him. I nod. "Yes. I am ready."

We pass the sign that shows us that we are no longer in my hometown.

We pass the sign that shows we are no longer in the state.
Our phones keep buzzing. I have about 300 messages by now. Each one of them is from one of our friends. I don't dare to open them. I know that they are probably angry. Disappointed. Maybe sad.
Tobias next to me keeps glancing at me. I know that he is questioning whether it was a good idea to take me with him. Not like i left him a choice... "Tobias i am glad i came with you. I really am." He just nods. My heart clenches. What if he now regrets that he took me with him? What if he thinks i am just disturbing him? He didn't say anything apart from 'you ready?' I turn towards him. I want to know He . "Do you even want me with you?" His eyes widen and he looks at me shocked. "Tris... Of course i do. I-I can't even express how gratefull i am that you are with me! I couldn't do this alone. I just didn't know what to say. The only thing i want is you by my side." I started smiling somewhere during his speech. I lean over and press my lips to his cheek. "Good." I kiss his cheek again and again. "Everything will be fine." His right hand strokes my hair while the left remains at the wheel. I smile about his words and lean back. He intervines our fingers and i kiss the back of his hand. "I love you." I say. "I love you too." He answers and kisses my hand as well. I smile at him. I really do love him. "Where are we driving?" "Well since my fa- Marcus always updates his twitter we know that he is in D.C. at the moment. So that is where we are going to drive. Don't ask me how an old man like him knows how to use twitter." I laugh. "Not the slighest idea." He laughs as well.
For the next few houres we just laugh and listen to music and talk.

After about five hours we answer a call from our friends. "Hey everyone." I say and try to hold back tears. Tobias notices and pulls me closer to him. We stopped at a gas station and are sitting on the back seats. Immediatly seven voices start to bombard us with questions. "Ok guys. One at a time. We don't understand anything." Tobias says. "Okay then i'll ask the questions." Zeke says. "Why didn't you tell us that you are going?" Tobias answers, "We didn't tell you because one you would have tried to convince us not to do it and two we might not have managed to say goodbye." In the end he only mumbled. I hear someone crying on the other side. Probably chris or mar. "But what do you want from Marcus?" I sigh and this time i answer, "We want this whole cat and mouse game to stop. We just want that you guys can go home safely and live your normal lifes..." Someone sobs at the other side. "Guys we could have figured this out. You didn't need to do this." Zeke says again. "There wasn't another option. We just wanted you to be safe. Okay we got to go now. I am sorry." Tobias says. "Bye everyone. I already miss you all." I add and try to sound as cheerfull as possible so they don't worry about us. We get a lot of 'bye' 'miss you too' and 'take cares' back before tobias hangs up.
For the next few hours we drive quietly. Time to time we hold hands or exchange quick kisses but mostly we just sit and drive or look out the window.

When it starts to get dark we search for a motel. "Oh look over there." I say and point to a large building. Tobias nods. "Okay then." He turns the wheel and drives on the car park. He turns of the engine and leans back. "We should arrive tomorrow. We only have about four houres of driving left." I nod and carefully lay my hand on his thigh. "Okay." And after a short pause i add, "Should we go and get a room?" He smiles a bit and nods. "Yes. Lets go."

"Here is your room. Breakfast is from 7 am till 10 am. Good night." The woman says and steps back. "Good night." I answer and close the door. Tobias places our suitcases on the floor and i sit on the bed. He opens his and leans forward. His shirt moves to the middle of his back. I can't hold back a smile and quietly stand up. I tip toe over to him and hug him from behind. My fingers slipping under his shirt and stopping on his stomach. He laughs quietly and stands up. "Okay then." He says and turns around. I smile up at him. My hands still under his shirt. He places his hands on top of mine. "I love you." I whisper and look into his beautiful stormy blue eyes. "I love you too." He answers and leans down. His lips find mine and his arm sneeks around my waist while his other lays on my shoulder blades. My hands travel downwards on his back and i hook my finger in his belt loops, pulling him closer to me. He sighs quietly and kisses me more hungrily. I kiss him back just as hungry. His hand slips under my shirt and pulls it up. I pull away from him but only to pull my shirt over my head. His long fingers lie on my stomach. I sigh when he slowly starts massaging it. I tuck his shirt up as well and he pulls it of. His lips crash onto mine again and he carefully pushes me over to the bed - not breaking the kiss. I push him down so he sits on the bed. He grins up at me. I straddle him and then press my lips to his. I can feel his warm skin pressing against my own. I slowly kiss his neck and his chest. He sighs loud and presses his lips to mine again. And then suddenly as if we were in a hurry his hands slide down to my pants. He looks at me questioning for a few seconds but i am to busy enjoying his hands on my body to protest or agree. So he just continues. His fingers unbotten my pants and he slowly pushes them down. I press myself closer to him and with trembling fingers also unbotten his pants. He flips us over so he is on top. Hungrily he kisses my neck and i sigh loudly when he sucks on my sweet spot. "I love you." He mumbles against my neck. I tangle my hand in his hair. "I love you too." His hips move against mine and i sigh again.

An hour later my head is resting on his chest. His fingers slide through my hair. Mine draw small circles on his chest. He tilts my head and presses his lips to mine once more. I smile widely. He presses another kiss to my forehead. "I love you." He mumbles against my skin. "I love you too." I answer and tilt my head up so he can kiss me again.
My head drops against his chest and my eyes close. After a few seconds i am asleep.