Chapter 52

I feel soft lips on mine. I slowly kiss back but then they are already gone. I groan and rub my eyes before i open them. I hear tobias chuckle. "Morning sleepy head." I smile a bit and open my eyes. Tobias stands at the foot of the bed and has a tray with food in his hands. "I got you breakfast." My smile grows. "Wow. You didn't have to do this!" He just laughs and sits on the bed next to me. He places the tray infront of me. "This looks amazing." I say and smile wider. "Thank you." I say and bite into a croissant. He smiles. "Its the least thing i can do." I smile up at him and slowly kiss him. He smiles even wider. "Eat up. I'll already pack our things." "You are perfect." I say and lean back. Just then i notice that i am still naked. Immediatly i blush. "Ehm Tobias could you-" i clear my throat. "Ehm could you hand me some clothes?" He turns around with the most boyish grin i've ever seen on his face. "Oh. Why don't you wear clothes tris?" I just glare at him. And if looks could kill he'd be about ten feet under the earth. My look makes him grin even more. "Tobias Eaton give me my clothes! Now!" I hiss and feel how tears prick behind my eyes. I don't want him to see my weakness though and so I blink them quickly away. "Okay okay." He surrenders and throws a shirt and a pair of sweatpants at me. I slip on the clothes. Then i just continue eating quietly. After a few minutes tobias finished packing and sits on the bed next to me. By now i've finished my breakfast as well. He gently pushes a stray of hair out of my face. "Are you still mad at me?" His blue eyes sparkle and i roll my eyes. "No." I say and lean back. His hand falls down. He takes away the tray from my lab and then crawls over me. "Aww come on Tris." I lightly punch his chest but can't hold back a smile. "You're an idiot." He smiles an adorable half smile. "I am your idiot." I smile as well. "Hopefully." I tease. "Definatly." He says and presses his lips on mine.

"Just turn right here and then we should be there." Tobias says while i look around Washington. Its huge. Its the biggest city i've ever seen. The skyscrapers seem to stretch their heads into the clouds to take a better look at the sun. And all these people. They rush every where. All the big streets are full of people. And even the small ones are crowded. They cross the roads and drive fast even though there seem to be millions of other cars. I feel pretty lost. Tobias nearly vanished inside of a gigantic map and he already has it folded about three times. We passed the capitol and took a short look but other than that we have only seen a lot of big streets and even more slightly smaller streets and even more small streets. It seems like D.C. has no limits.
Well after about one and a half hour driving around the city clueless we finally got the chance to buy a map and now another half an hour later finally found the hotel.
Tobias whole body is tense. I am nervous to. But i try not to show that to tobias. He needs me now. So i drive the car with a small fake smile on my face - the only thing giving me away might be my fingers that clutch the wheel for dear life. Tobias is to nervous himself to notice though.

I stop the car and park into a small spot. It takes about five trys and more than ten cars that honk at me angrily before the car is parked. I sigh. "Finally." Tobias gives me a small smile that seems fake but i appreciate the try. I smile back a bit and then open my door. I nearly knock down a cycler but he passes unharmed only cursing loudly. I quickly get out and shut the door. I meet tobias on the sidewalk and together we walk towards the hotel. We got lucky and found a parking spot only ten minutes on foot from the hotel. If i got the right opinion of the parking situtation here i think we actually got really lucky.
Fifteen minutes later - we walked into the wrong road once - we stand infront of the giant hotel. "Lets go tobias." I say and take his hand in mine. He hesitates and then stops completly. "No i'll go in there alone." I groan. "We had that theme. I won't leave you unless you use force and tie me in the car." He sighs and looks at me pleading. "Tris please. I don't want you to get hurt." He touches his forehead to mine. I smile at him and shortly put my lips on his. "I will be fine. What do you expect? Its only a hotel. There won't be a dark secret chamber where he tortures people." Tobias sighs. "Okay. Fine." He just turns around and takes my hand. And then he walks into the lobby.
I stay by his side and only i notice the small shivers that go through his body. I slide my arm around his hip and he wraps his around my shoulder.
Together we walk to the reception. Tobias clears his throat. "I'd like to see Marcus Eaton." He says calmly. "A lot of people say that quiet a lot of time. That doesn't mean I will let you allow to see him though." I am sure you'll want to let me through to him."
The receptionist just wants to say something when a man slams a hand on Tobias shoulder. "Come with me." Tobias looks at the man. He didn't even flinch although the slap looked kinda painful. "Who are you?" The man just shakes his head. I feel like I know him. "He told me to get you."
Tobias tries to stand straighter but it looks like his muscles don't answer his demands and his shoulders stay hunched. "Okay. We'll come with you." The man shakes his head again. "No. He told me to get only you."
Out of instinct my hand immediately tightens around Tobias arm. He notices and this time really stands straighter. "No. She'll come with me or I won't come."
The man looks me up and down unsure and probably tries to weigh how much of a security risk I am. "Wait a second." He turns around and moves away a few steps before he gets out his walky talky and starts to speak in a hushed voice.
In the mean time Tobias turns to me and pushes a loose strand behind my ear. "If they won't let us go together we won't go at all. I promise. Then I'll go to the press and reveal everything." I nod and try to smile at him. He tries to smile back at me but kinda fails. I appreciate the effort though.
He slowly leans down and his soft lips press against the spot between my eyebrows. "I love you. No matter what." I whisper - enjoying his lips on my skin. "I love you too. So so much."
The man clears his throat and we both turn around. "He agreed to welcome you both." I can't hold myself back. "How very generous of him." Tobias chuckles a bit but the man just ignores my comment.
He guides us over to a shiny elevator. He slides his card through the keypad and also types in a code. I don't even try to see what the code is. Not that it would matter anyway.
The door slides open and we enter the small space. Tobias clutches my hand more tightly and I try to comfort him the best I can. I know he hates small areas.
He squeezes his eyes shut and I turn to him - ignoring his guy and press my forehead against his. He peels his eyes a bit open and looks at me with sweat running down his face. I softly kiss him and he visibly relaxes.
Soon the door opens again and we are allowed to leave the small space.
Tobias squeezes my hand and I smile at him.
The man brings us in front of a door and knocks. A voice I only know from television answers. "Get them in Jason." Jason opens the door with a different card and Tobias and I enter after him.