Chapter 9

(Last chapter: Lynn shuts the door and then zeke shouts: "Lets start!" And everyone cheers. I laugh. Well, lets start then.)
We arrive at the sports thing of them a few minutes later. On the drive Mar explained to me that this sport center has some kind of 'initiation' you have to get pass to become a member. She said that i am lucky because aparently 'initiation' only started a few days ago. Well lets see.
I unbuckle my seatbelt and get out of the van. I stand infront of a huge building. It looks like a huge gymnastik hall and is mostly black. Infront of the door is a small group of people. About five or six. Shauna and zeke walk towards a side entrence while Lynn, Mar, Four and i walk towards the group of people. Four straigthens his back even more and crossed the parking lot in five steps. "Initiants!" His voice booms. All the people jump up from where they were sitting and Lynn mar and i quickly jog over to them. We stand behind the group and wait. Four starts speaking: "We have a new initiant!" He points towards me and someone pushes me from behind. I stumble forwards and step next to Four. "Introduce yourself!" He demands. I clear my throat. "Hey, i am tris. I am 18 and just finished school." I get a few hi's and heys. "Other initiants introduce yourself as well!" Four booms again. A tall boy with black hair that sticks to his head speaks up first: "I am Peter. I am 18. And i am the best in this group." I frown. I see all the other initiants roll their eyes. Apart from a tall muscular girl next to Peter and a boy with cartot red hair. "I am Molly. 18 years." The tall muscular girl says. "And i am Drew. 18 years." The boy with the carrot red hair says. "I am edward. 18." A tall guy with blond hair says and crosses his arms. The small girl next to him says: "Hi, i am Myra. 18. Nice to meet you." I smile a bit. "Ok, that was everyone. Enough time wasted. Five laps for warm up!" Four demands and i quickly start jogging behind Lynn. I fall into her run pattern and breath in deeply. I have not the slighest idea why i am here. I don't even want to 'pass initiation'. I didn't even assign for anything. So weird.

When we finally finished our laps around the lare building i am already covered in sweat. Finally we are allowed to stop. Four leans onto a lantern and talks to a guy with long dark hair and so many pircings i loose count. I am one of the last ones to arrive. Only Myra is behind me. I arrive and this guy with the many piercings walks over to me. He looks up and down me and although my lungs are burning i stand a bit straighter. "So, you are 'the new one'." I just nod. He extands his hand. "I am Eric. One of the chiefs of this whole thing." He finally lets go off my hand. "Tris. Nice to meet you." He just turns around and walks away. I am glad he is away. I shiver. He is creepy. Uriah stands next to me. "You alright?" I just nod. "Don't worry. He is only watching our training like once a week. He will disapear soon." I nod and smile a bit. Uriah lays a hand on my shoulder and guides me towards the others again.
Four starts walking and we all follow. "We'll iniside now. And continue training there. Probably punching bags." Mar explains. I smile at her. "Thanks." She winks at me and smiles as well. We walk through a long hallway. I hear noises coming from a door on my right. It sounds like someone is getting beat up. I walk closer to Uriah.
After a few more seconds we arrive in the training room as Four announces. We walk in the right corner and stand infront of the punching bags that hang there. I am mirroring Uriahs movements or Mars or Lynns. They stand with they feet apart and therer fists up. I do the same. They start punching and Four comes over to me. "Do you know the punches?" I shake my head no. He nods and stands next to me. He says the name of the punch and then does it. I try to memorize as much as possible. Luckily i am good at remembering things. So when he asks me to do a specific punch i can do it. "Okay, and now just punch and kick different punches and kicks in a row." I nod and start. I feel his eyes burning holes in my back. He watches me a few minutes before he steps next to mw again and says: "You habe to use your elbows and knees. You dom't habe that muscle yet and with those you can get more power into the punches. And keep tension here." He put his hands around my stomach and i feel his cold long fingers through my shirt. Actually Marlenes shirt. I try to swallow the lump in my throat that built up when he touched me. He looks at me questioning and i just nod. He releases me and i take a deep breath. He turns away and i shake my head. Then i face the punching bag again. While i punch i think about the progress i made. From a boring small town into this one. With amazing new friends and a weird but really exciting sport center.

After two more hours of training we are released. I am coverd in sweat. I trott behind the others. I follow Mar, Shauna and lynn into some room. I discover that its a changing room that also has showers. Luckily with little cabines. The walls are not very high but they cover everything. I strip down to my underwear and the step into the cabine next to Mar. I turn on the shower and let the warm water rub down my body. Suddenly i feel really cold water on my head and i screech. Marlene stars laughing really hard and i see her shower head peeking over the barrier. I laugh and tunr my shower cold as well. I hold it over the barrier and onto her. She laughs and screeches as well. Then she turns towards shauna and laughs. "Now its your turn shaun." "Don't you dare!" Shauna says but its to late. Mar and i turn on our showers and i hold my shower so it goes over mars head into Shaunas cabine. She screeches as well and we all start laughing. Lynn eventually joins in and we all laugh. When we all are freezing cold we dry up and get dressed again. When we step on the car park again the boys already stand next to the van. Zeke rolls his eyes. "Finally." He says and we just laugh. "You know, we always hear you screeching. I am really curious what you girls do in there." Uriah says and wiggles his eyebrows. We all burst out laughing apart from four, whos mouth corners barely twitch. Whats wrong with this guy? I shrug and we all get into the van.
About five minutes later we are back infront of their house. We all get out and walk towards the house shoving each other.

After i got dressed in some comfy clothes and took another shower to wash my hair we all meet in the living room. We plop down onto the couches once more and start talking. The theme eventually comes back to me. "So Tris. I don't mean to be rude or anything but how long do you think you will stay here? You are of course invited to live here after your thins for your car arrived but then you'll have to search a job because than you'd be integrated into our plans and stuff." Shauna says and smiles. I think about it. "Well... originally my plan was to drive to the coast and stay there. But i really like you guys and i'd really like to stay with you. Only if that really is ok for you though. You can tell me if its not." They all smile and Uriah answers: "That wouldn't be a problem at all. I think i speak for all of us when i say that we really like you and that you fir into our group really well." A huge grin settles on my face. "Than i would love to stay with you guys. Because although i just know you for less than two days i already love you." They all go 'aww' apart from Four. But i guess you can exclude him from all those things. "Well, so if that is settled you will have to search a job. What do you want to do?" Mar says and everyone looks at me eagerly. "Ehm... i guess i want to study... are there any good universitys around?" "Well yeah. There is one. But how will you pay thoses coasts?" Zeke asks. I start thinking along with everyone else. Four is the oke to get the right idea. He sounds slightly annoyed while he says it: "You could just search a job somewhere in the town and then when you are a full member of dauntless sports you can work there. They pay good and its not bad work." Everyone nods. "Amazing idea. We have school tomorrow but in the afternoon we could go and search a job for you." Mar says. I nod and smile. "Thank you guys so much. This is so nice of you. I could also help you woth your homework. I am honestly a really big neard." Everyone giggles. "Yes! Finally someone who can help me but isn't an idiot. *cough* Zeke *cough* *cough*" uriah says and we all laugh. I nod. "Ok so tomorrow we will search a job for me and then i'll apply for that university." "Okay abd since everything is settled now we can eat." Lynn says and we all laugh. "Ok, lets eat."