Chapter 48

Last chapter:
Mar claps her hands and jumps a bit in her very short dress and very high heels. "Lets go party then!"

We stand behind a group of chattering girls. They look around our age. One of them turns around and checks out tobias. Jealousy pricks at my stomach and i stand a bit closer to him. He smiles at me and lays an arm around my shoulder. When i look at the group again i see that one girl - a really pretty girl with long brown hair and a perfect figure - still looks at Tobias. I quickly look away.

About 15 minutes we are finally inside. Tobias stays at my side when we enter the stale aired room. Mar and Uri immediatly move towards the dance floor. Zeke and Shauna find their place at the bar. I lost sight of lynn after the first two minutes and chris, will and al disapear in the crowd as well. The music is loud and the bass makes the whole room vibrate. I clutch tobias arm. He looks at me confused. "Have you never been to a club before?" He asks me, screaming over the loud music. I shrug and hold one finger up. He smiles and nods. "Should we get a drink?" He asks. I give him a nod. He pulls me with him towards the bar. Shauna and zeke already disapeared and i see them in the corner just having a full make out session. I quickly look away. Tobias orders two shots and grins at me. "I ordered my favourite." I smile a bit unsure and nod. He frowns. "Did you ever drink before?" I know he probably won't think any different about me no matter what i answer but i still decide to lie. I nod and hold up seven fingers. "A few times with Chris." I shout over the music. He nods and takes the shots from the bartender. He gives me one and then drinks to me. I smile and do the same. He downs the shot in one gulp and immediatly orders two more. Before i down the shot i snif it and then take a small sip. The strong alcohol burns in my throat and i cough a bit. Tobias doesn't even notice. He just takes his second row of shots. He offers me shots but i just refuse. He shrugs and drinks to me again before he downs his third shot. Someone taps my shoulder just when tobias takes his fourth. I turn around and see Shauna. I smile. "Hey. Whats up?" She grins and holds her hand out for me. I roll my eyes but smile. I look over to Tobias. Zeke sat next to him and now they are drinking together. Okay then. If he can just forget about me, i can. I take shaunas hand and she pulls me in the middle of the dancing pulp. We find Chris and will who dance together. I smile at them. "Hey guys!" I shout. They wave back and we dance together for a bit. After a few songs i am already tired. Suddenly i get turned around and a boy starts dancing with me. I barely see his face because of the dim lights. I try to keep next to shauna and the others so they can help me if something happens. I dance with the boy for a few seconds, when he lays his hands on my hips i push him away though. I shake my head no. He just nods and walks away. I almost start laughing at his weird behavior.

After about five or six songs i decide to look after tobias. I motion towards the bar so shauna knows where i am going and then push my way through the crowd. Another boy starts dancing with me and i push him away as well. I turn around to the bar. "Shit!" I curse. Tobias is gone. And after all these shots he can't be in a really good shape... I look around for him. I see a tall blond to my right and i decide to look. When i go there i wish i didn't. Tobias dances closly to a girl. Its the girl from the entrence. He has his hands on her hips and she has her arms around his shoulders. They are dancing really closly. Really closly. She stands on her tip toes and suddenly presses her lips to tobias's. I gasp. Tobias doesn't resist. He just doesn't do anything. Tears start to fill my eyes and a pain that is so imense fills my whole body. I press one hand to my chest and the other over my mouth to stiffle a sob. I quickly turn around and run away from them. I land at the bar and order three shots. I gulp them down one by one, ignoring the burning in my throat. Suddenly Mar stands next to me. She looks down at the shots and raises her eyebrows at me. "Can we just go outside?" I ask over the music. The pain inside of me hasn't dulled. She looks at me worried and quickly nods. She explains everything to uri and then guides me outside through the backdoor.
The cold night air makes my head clearer again. But it also doesn't take the pain. Again i feel tears in my eyes. Mar shakes my shoulders. "Tris. What happend?" I open my mouth but only a large sob escapes it. She wraps her arms around me. "Should i get Four?" Pain flashes through my heart. "No." I sob out. "Did he do something?" She asks. I slowly nod. The pain still seems to crush me from the inside. "What?" Her voice is low and full of anger but also concern. "He-he... I-I ca-came to-to the bar and-and he wasn't there. And then-then i saw him ki-kissing another girl." I stutter everything out between sobs. Once i finished the tears start falling down my face. Mar holds me close. "He is an asshole!" I sob more. "N-no he is per-perfect!" I sob out. Mar sighs and pulls me closer towards her.
Just a few seconds later the door opens again. "Uri!" Mar breaths out. "Oh my... is Tris okay?" "No. Get the others." And then quieter she adds: "Four kissed another girl." I don't see uris face but i know that it is full of anger. The tears still run down my face and i am not able to control them.
Uri returns with the all the others about ten minutes later. By now i managed to sit up. He drags tobias out by the collar of his shirt. "Why is he dragging four like this?" Lynn asks confused. The others look confused as well. Luckily we weren't inside long enough so they all are more or less sober. Uri pushes Tobias away from him and he stumbles back. "Because this asshole kissed another girl!" Everyone gasps. Tobias eyes fall on me and he smiles. He stumbles towards me but Uri grabed him by the collar again. "Don't you dare to talk to tris! Don't you dare look at her!" When everyones attention is on Tobias i just turn around and run away. I just run. "Hey tris wait!" I hear multiple shouts like that but i don't stop. I just go faster. I dash through the small roads from which i know that they don't know them. I run and run and don't slow down even when i am sure that they don't follow me. I run untill i reach my parents house.
With tears still running down my face i ring the bell. I know that it is already 1 am but its my only option. After a few minutes i ring again. Another couple of minutes later a light finally switches on. I hear footsteps and then my dad opens the door. He has sleepy eyes and wears his pijama. His eyes grow big when he sees me. "Beatrice!" In the next second i am in his arms. "What are you doing here? Why didn't you call?" He asks. "Can i just come in?" "Of course. Of course." He steps aside and lets me in. "Thanks." I mumble. He guides me to the kitchen and i sit on ome of the chairs. "Why are you here? Are you okay?" He asks and looks at me confused. I feel tears behind my eyes again and quickly look down. "Can i-" i clear my throat. "Can i explain everything later? I am... Could you just tell anyone who calls or comes here that i am not here? Could you do that? I will explain everything tomorrow but right now..." "You just want to sleep. Of course." He nods and stands up. "Come on. You can sleep in your room. Your bed is still there." I manage a grimace that was supposed to be a smile and then follow him upstairs.
Just before i go to sleep i take a look at my phone. I got about ten calls and twenty messages. I write a message into our group chat: Guys i am fine. Please don't go looking for me. I am healthy and safe. I just need to be alone for a bit.
I get an answer from nearly everyone immediatly. They all say something like: good that you are safe. We can help you. Or  Just call when you need help. I finish the chat with a short: 'thank you' and then turn of my phone.
For a long time i am not able to sleep. Doubts and pain keep the sleep away. Why did Tobias kiss that girl? Why didn't he push her away? He couldn't have been that drunk... Maybe he just thought it was me and... No! I stop myself before i can finish that thought. It was his fault. He didn't stay by my side and he drank that much. Although i am angry now it still doesn't take the pain. Whenever i close my eyes it kreeps up on me and my mind shows me the amazing moments i had with Tobias. I start crying again and so i only fall asleep when the sky already turned a slight pink.