Chapter 29

I slowly open my eyes. I still feel dizzy. My vision is blurry. I concentrate hard and finally i am able to make out contures. I want to sit up but immediatly pain shoots through my head and my stomach. I groan a bit. I feel something moving at the bottom of my bed. "Tris?" I hear a familiar voice. "Tobias?" I ask confused. "Is this you Tobias?" "No. Its me Uriah. Who is Tobias?" I shake my head. "I want Tobias. Where is Tobias? Is he ok?" Uri lays a hand on my leg. "Tris, are you alright?" I start to cry. "Just get Tobias. Please." Uri jumps up. "I will find him." He turns away. I look around. I am laying in a hospital bed. Its not the same i lay in when i had all these broken bones. I try to sit up a bit but it hurts. I lift my shirt and look at my bruised stomach. Where could Tobias be? Suddenly realisation hits me. I just told Uriah Fours really name. I menatlly slap myself. I am so stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Just then i hear voices in the hallway. "I am sorry Four. She keeps talking about this Tobias boy. I have no idea who he is." I hear uris voice. "Its fine. I will just talk to her. She took a hard hit to the head. I guess she is just confused." The door opens and Tobias steps in. My pain is forgotten and i lean forwards. In a hushed voice i say: "I am so sorry. I didn't mean to tell him your real name." He smiles a bit and slowly leans me back and sits next to me. "Its fine. I am just glad you are better." I shake my head. "No i am stupid i shouldn't..." He stops me with a finger on my lips. "It really is fine tris. I am not angry. Just angry at your attackers." I nod and pull him down to me. He smiles and kisses me. I pull away quickly though. "Who were my attackers?" He sighs and takes my hands in his. "Peter, Drew and molly all attacked you. Aparently the saw us kissing each other and then thought your ranking was just out of favouritsm. But this isn't even possible because i didn't make the rank." I nod. "I will find a way to deal with that." I say and smile. He lays his hand on my cheek and his eyes look at me in such a soft way. I never knew that big scary four could look at someone like that. I smile. "When am i allowed to leave?" He grins. "You can go when you feel better. They already checked you up and you have no inner bleedings or something like that. So you can go when you are ready." I nod and sit up. "I am ready now." He grins. "Tris you can just rest for a fe..." "No!" I interupt him. "I want to go home." He laughs a bit and shakes his head. "You really are stupborn." I roll my eyes and sit up. My stomach still hurts but i just ignore the pain and put my feet over the edge of the bed. "Lets go." I say. Just then i notice i am only wearing an underpant. He looks away and i blush a lot. "C-c" i clear my throar to get out a not strangled sounding word. "Could you give me my pants?" He nods and hands them to me. I quickly slip inside. When i am fully dressed i step next to him. "Lets go." I say and smile. My head still hurts like crazy but i just try to ignore the pain. He puts his hand around my waist but stops me before i can walk out. "Wait a minute." He says. I stop and look at him. He looks a bit ashamed. "C-can i just take a look at your stomach? I didn't want to do it while you slept..." I smile and nod. I lift up my shirt and reveal my stomach. Its coloured in multiple colours. From green over blue to lila. He stares at the bruises. Then he reaches out his fingers and brushes them over my stomach. It feels good and i a small shiver goes through my body. He notices the goose bumps i got and pulls away his hand. "Sorry." He mumbles but i just smile. I guide his hand towards my stomach again and carefully lay it on it. He looks down at me and i look up at him. In his dark blue eyes i have looked at so often. After a while he takes away his hand and i pull down my shirt again. He extands his hand and i take it. "Lets go." I nod and smile.

"Here we go. Home sweet home." The sun is already setting outside. I slept nearly the whole day. Tobias wants to guide me upstairs but i stop him. "Wait a minute. I just have to find out what Lynn and Mar chose." He nods and we walk back into the livingroom. The others, including Will and Chris, all sit on the couches. "Hey fourtris." Chris says excitedly. I roll my eyes. That stupid shipname again. "Whatever. This guy here already wanted to drag me upstairs but i used a trick and now i can hang out with you. Before Tobias can do anything i rip my hand out of his and quickly sit next to Chris and hide behind her. Everyone starts laughing including me. Tobias rolls his eyes and sits next to Zeke. "I just wanted to make sure you are okay." I smile. "I know." He grins. "Ok whatever. What jobs did you guys choose?" Mar answers first. "I chose to be a tattoo artist. I just love that work. I guess i still will go to college but maybe not. We will see." I smile. "Thats cool. How often do you work there?" I ask. "Only three times a week for now. Once i've finished school it will be more." I smile. "Congrats." "And you lynn?" Lynn sits a bit straighter. "I chose to be a leader once i finished school. I had the oppertunity because they still needed a female leader and after you i was the highest ranked girl." I smile and give her a quick hug. "Congrats. That is pretty amazing." She smiles widely. "Thank you. I just have to get the right grades now... That could be problematic, i hate school." I smile. "We can learn together and you will see school isn't that bad if you know the answers to every question. Then you feel ecstatic and happy and just want to share you knowledge and..." Tobias cuts me off by laughing. "Okay okay you nerd. I guess someone should go to sleep now." I flip him the finger and everyone starts laughing. He rolls his eyes and simply picks me up. "No!" I protest and drum against his chest. "Let me down!" I try to wiggle out of his grip but he just holds me closer. I cross my arms pouting. I hear the others laughing. "Stop laughing you idiots!" I scream from the middle of the stairs what makes them laugh even harder. Great. Tobias sets me on my bed. I get my sleeping clothes and stand infront of him. He just looks at me. He doesn't understand what i want. "What?" He asks after a while. "I want to get dressed..." i say and put my arms on my hips. "Oh of course." He blushes a bit and leaves the room. I put on my sleeping clothes and then brush my teeth in the girls bathroom. He follows me into it and kisses my cheek. "Sleep well." He says. "Thanks." I mumble back.
When i come back into my room i already hear Tobias voice downstairs. I lay in my bed and close my eyes. Ten minutes later i open them and push away my blanket. I slowly stand up. Should i do what i want to? Yes whatever. The others know we are a couple. I hop out of the bed as good as possible with my hurting stomach and walk towards the stairs. I feel like a little kid that is supposed to sleep but comes down to his parents again. I smile at the thought and start walking down the stairs. When i step into the livingroom everyone looks at me. I smile a bit. "I can't sleep." I say. Tobias sighs and gets up but a smile plays on his lips. He picks me up again and i lay my head against his chest. All the girls go aww. "Good night everyone." I say and then close my eyes. I am already half asleep when he lays me on my bed again. He wants to go away again but i hold him back. "Can you stay? Only if you want to of course..." i see him smile. He gets into the bed with me and i snuggle to him. He is so warm and so comfortable. Before i notice i am asleep.