~4~

Aaand I'm back with the next chapter! Enjoy and don't forget to show your love ;)

And btw almost 100 reads argh thank you sooo much!

A week went by with nothing exciting really happening. I was one the fence all week, waiting for Landon to strike, but he didn't say a thing. We had our arguments as always, and sometimes he would faintly hint at my job like he had in the canteen, but luckily it didn't seem like anyone really caught on to what he was doing. None the less it still made me extremely paranoid.

But as always I would use dance as a creative outlet, and I'm pretty sure that I had danced even more this past week than I ever had in one week before. I would stay after practice on those days where I didn't have work, I would dance at home until it got way too late, and I would sometimes go outside in the lunch break and dance under the big Oaktree in the back of the school. Basically I would dance wherever whenever, not that I minded, but it was getting a little out of hand. That is why I decided to confront Landon when he – once again – showed up at my work.

"You have to start arriving on time," Carmen sighed as I rushed through the doors of Mr. Joe. She had a lot of shifts so she was the colleague I worked with the most, and luckily the one I liked the most.

"I do arrive on time. Actually I'm 10 seconds early," I proudly point out as I grab my apron and tie it around my waist.

"Wow that must be a new record!" Carmen had an ability to be sarcastic, but yet still sound like she actually means it at the same time, an ability I admired greatly.

"No, my record is actually 25 seconds," I replied back just a sarcastically. I felt like I could be myself when I was around Carmen, even though she was 23 and acted like my mother, but still.

We busied ourselves with cleaning the already clean shop like we always did. The shop was just as quiet as always, and every time I looked at the almost empty shop my fear of losing my job was renewed. I couldn't afford to lose this job if I would ever have a chance of going to college, and I wanted to go to college more than anything.

My shift was nearing an end when the bell at the door rang, and Landon once more walked through the door. I had the overwhelming urge to hide under the counter again, but there was really no point. He already knew that I worked here, and he had probably come with the sole purpose of exposing and humiliating me. Why else would he be here?

"Why don't you just snap a picture, and get it over with?" I ask as I cross my arms over my chest. He casually walks towards me casually with his hands stuffed in the front pockets of his jeans; a leather jacket was thrown over a plain white t-shirt. His hair was as always styled to perfection and it annoyed the hell out of me. My hair was a big mess and I had about one good hair day every month.

"Because that wouldn't get me what I want," he said with a cocky smile.

"And what exactly is that?" I asked that every time and each time I got the same answer.

"You'll find out soon enough." I huffed. A little bit of hair was falling out of my bun and into my eyes, but I was too mad to do anything about it.

"Why are you here?" I asked. "If it's just to annoy me then it surely can wait until tomorrow."

"Actually I was just in the neighborhood and decided that I wanted a cup of coffee. Is that I crime?" He feigned hurt by putting a hand over his heart. Carmen was watching the scene unfold from the corner quietly, and there was no one in the shop, so if I suddenly felt like killing him I only had to bribe one person not to tell. That thought calmed me.