~12~

Like every week Monday morning rolled around, and like every week it was dreaded. This week more than normal because of the whole Landon-situation-thing. I had spent the whole weekend pondering upon what his text was supposed to mean, but really it had just made me more stressed than anything else.

"I think you should wear something really sexy to make him see what he can't have," Skylar's voice came through the computer. She had woken me up extremely early by calling me on skype, and had spent the last hour or so trying to convince me to seduce Landon, a task that I had absolutely no plans of fulfilling.

"I'm not going to seduce him," I said for the millionth time. "I want him to leave me alone not attract him. Besides I can't wear something like that to school."

"You're no fun," she pouted.

"Well, someone has to keep you in check. By the way remember practice after school, you have a bad habit of 'forgetting'."  It was true, sometimes Skylar wouldn't show up because she had gotten a better offer or something like that, and as the team captain that was getting on my nerves. As her best friend however the last thing I wanted was to kick her off the team, both because of us being friends, but also because she was a phenomenal dancer.

"Aye, aye captain." She did a salute and logged off skype so that we could both finish getting ready. Because the weather was still extremely hot I decided to go with a pair of high-waisted shorts and a light blue crop-top that ended almost exactly where my shorts began so I wouldn't show too much skin. Today was just a simple kind of day so instead of putting on a lot of accessories I just decided to grab a pair of black sneakers, my leather jacket and throw on a bit of mascara. I wasn't trying to impress anyone.

A ate a couple of my mom's famous banana pancakes before hopping in the car and driving to school. I was kind of nervous because I didn't really know if Landon was going to try anything, but at the same time I wanted to show myself that I had nothing to be nervous about. Of course, knowing Landon I probably had.

I arrived at the school and took a deep breath before opening the car door. My plan was to walk inside with my head held high like I usually do, but that plan is quickly thrown in the sink as the very first thing I do is bump into Landon. He is literally standing right outside my door and we bump our chests together as I get out, which makes me jump back so that I know am trapped between him and the car.

"Good morning," he said as he pressed me further against the car.

"I'm not going to let you intimidate me," I tell him straight away without even a hello. There's really no reason to beat around the bush.

"As that what you think I'm doing?" he asks as he raises one eyebrow. He has a smug look on his face and his lips are curled in a permanent smirk.

"I know so, and it's not working because I'm not afraid of you." That was the half-truth. No, I was not afraid of him – not at all in fact – but what I was afraid of was what he would do to reach his goal.

"Oh, so it's completely fine if I go out and tell everyone about your little secret?" I didn't answer him and his facial expression grew – if possible – even smugger.

"I didn't think so."

"What is it that you want?" Posing that question felt like a major déjà-vu on my part. How many times had I not asked him exactly that question? And more importantly how many times had I actually gotten an answer?

"Right now I want you to walk inside with me." Really, that's all?

"Okay...what's your ulterior motive?" I didn't believe him, there had to be more.