~5~

Hello! I'll warn you guys this is kind of a filler chapter, but I promise there's some good stuff to come *evilly rubs hands together*. Anyways enjoy!

"Why is your car in my driveway?" was Skylar's first words to me as we met in front of my locker the next day.

I had spent a good amount of time walking home yesterday and my parents were not happy when I came home to say the least. I had excused it with that my car had broken down just outside of the city, not because I really had to keep if from my parents, but because they would ask too many questions and I was really not in a mood for a lecture. Neither were they apparently because they just excused it, told me to call next time, and then went to bed.

I had had to take the bus this morning, which I had not done in a year, but luckily I had great social skills so finding someone to talk to was no problem. And to judge from the talk already going around the school it had only made me more popular because I had made me seem more down to earth, more "human" believe it or not.

I had actually forgotten about my car about the time when I arrived to school and had therefore not made up and excuse, which definitely was a fail on my part.

"Um, no reason I just drove by your house yesterday, but you weren't home, and when I had to leave my car didn't have any gas left, so..." I trailed off not really knowing how to continue. I guess that was a really valid excuse.

"Oh, why didn't you just call me?"

"I just didn't want to disturb you, and I didn't mind the exercise anyway," I brushed it off. "But I'll come pick it up after school, don't worry."

"Hey I just got an idea! Let's all go dress shopping together for homecoming. It's only a week away." By the time she said that we had reached my locker where the other girls were waiting as usual.

Emily was wearing a simple top and jeans while trying to tame her feisty red hair in a bun. Both Vivian and Anya was wearing a dress, Vivian's white with a flower pattern, while Anya's was black and formfitting. Skylar was wearing jean shorts and a crop-top with the words "Friday" on it, and I had opted for floral patterned shorts, a white t-shirt and some white sneakers. Simple and comfortable.

"Yes let's go shopping!" Emily said, and the other girls chimed in their agreements.

"Okay let's meet at the mall at 5 pm. We have to go pick up something first," Skylar said gesturing towards me.

"Hey who are you guys going with this year?" Emily asked as we walked towards class. Our arms were again linked together, and people moved out of our way as usual when we passed them.

"I was actually hoping we could go as a group, you know all of us. It's our final year and I really don't want to find a date to be honest," Anya said. Anya and her boyfriend – now ex-boyfriend – of 2 years had broken up over the summer. His name was Will and he had seemed like a really good guy, but had apparently had an affair for some months. Anya was, understandably, still not over it, but we had helped her the way we could, the other girls by comforting her, and me by beating him up to the best of my abilities.

"Of course girl, I don't have a date yet," Vivian said, and both Emily and Skylar nodded in confirmation.

"I, uhh... I'm actually going with Landon this year." I felt really bad; I would have loved to go with the girls.

"Landon?! Since when are you two talking? And yelling and insulting doesn't count," Skylar said giving me a pointed look.

"We aren't really, and it's really hard to explain, but he won't take no for an answer. But don't worry I will make his homecoming insufferable I promise." I said the last part with a smirk trying to lighten the mood.