~8~

Without further ado: Enjoy!    

Oh no! No, no, no, no way in hell. I can't believe that I had actually followed Landon in here knowing that it wasn't a good idea, and now we were going to get caught, and I would be expelled and I would never get into a good college. Oh shit!

My mind was completely blank, and I felt like a dear caught in headlights not knowing which way to go or what to do at all. Luckily, Landon didn't seem to have the same problem and I felt him grab my hand and pull me down the hall away from the light beam.

"Come on, hurry!" Landon said as we ran down the hall together, him pulling on my hand to make me run faster. I almost slipped in my sandals on the smooth floor when we rounded the corner, but Landon's grip on my hand tightened and kept me upright. Behind us the guard was running after us and shouting for us to stop.

I was getting out of breath when Landon suddenly took a sharp turn and ushered me another way.

"Quick, this way!"

The guard was sagging behind but we still hadn't lost him so Landon grabbed a random door, and I prayed that it was open. Luckily it was, and Landon and I stumbled inside the classroom, and sat down and pressed our backs to the door being careful to avoid the small window. We were both breathing heavily and were doing our best to be quit while trying to calm down.

Not even ten seconds later we heard footsteps coming down the hall and we saw light shining through the window. We both held our breaths, and luckily the guard just ran past the classroom without even stopping. I heaved a sigh of relief.

"Do you think I we lost him?" I asked after a minute. Landon sneaked a look out of the window before answering.

"Yeah I think so, but we better wait a couple of minutes anyway." He sat down again, and placed the present on the ground beside him as we both sighed almost simultaneously. I would have laughed it I wasn't seriously mad.

"I really hate you right now," I said. None of us looked at each other, we just stared straight ahead.

"I didn't know there was going to be a guard," Landon defended.

"You shouldn't have broken in in the first place!" My voice was rising, but I was trying my best to keep quiet in case the guard was close.

"That was my choice, not yours!" Landon's voice was also rising, and I saw him clench his hands.

"You blackmailed me! Your choice affects me as much as you!" I couldn't keep quiet anymore, and I prayed that the guard didn't hear us. "If we get caught then we'll get expelled and I'll never be able to go to college. You're jeopardizing me whole future here!"

Landon snorted. "Don't worry your daddy will buy you in somewhere."

I was just about to spill the beans and tell him everything about my parent's financial status, but luckily I kept my mouth shut and took a moment to fall down. "It's not that simple," I finally said.

Landon snorted again, even louder this time. "Really? You parents are always there for you and give you everything you want. You don't even have to ask because you're their little princess and they'll do everything to make sure that you never lift a finger."

"You're one to talk with that shining black Mercedes you drive? I bet you've never had to work a day in your life, and that your future is assured because you're probably just taking over your dad's multimillion company or something." By now we were in each other's faces, both breathing heavily. We were only a couple of inches apart, and it was clear that whoever pulled away first would lose the fight – it was also clear that both of us were just as stubborn as the other.