~11~

To say that I was shocked was the understatement of the year – of the century even. For the longest time I was paralyzed - both physically and mentally – and my brain seemed frozen. I didn't move, I didn't even blink as Landon's lips pressed firmly against mine. The kiss was soft yet insisting.

When my brain warmed up and I finally regained mobility over my body I placed my hands on Landon's chest over his wet dress-shirt, but instead of pushing him away I surprised him, and most of all myself, by grabbing his shirt and pulling him closer.

Landon groaned and grabbed my hips under the water as the kiss intensified. Our lips were moving hungrily against each other's, why I don't know and right now I didn't really care too much because every thought I have ever had flew out of the window the second his lips met mine.

His tongue slipped through my lips as we continued to fight for dominance, and his hands moved to the back of my hips under my bum, and lifted me up so that I could wrap my hips around his waist. Landon was now the only one keeping both of us from drowning.

We kept on kissing until my lunges were screaming for air and I had to break up our lips, but Landon just continued putting kisses behind my ear and down my neck. I leaned back to grand him access and sighed with pleasure.

Landon finished kissing down my neck and made his way back up again. He pressed his lips to my ear lope and bit it gently; startling me and making me jump a little. We both chuckled a little at that.

"I guess we should get out of here," Landon whispered in my ear and I nodded. I made a move to release my legs from around his waist but his hands grasped them and held them in place. He then started to swim to the edge with me still hanging onto him.

The entire swim back to the edge, which wasn't far as we had both fallen into the water fairly close to it, I couldn't look at Landon, so instead I looked up at the blue water reflecting in the ceiling. Had that really just happened? Had Landon – my sworn enemy – really just kissed me, and more important had I really just let him? And kissed him back? My mind was just full of questions, but there was no way that I could ever get the answers to them, and that annoyed me to no end.

When we got to the edge Landon lifted me up and placed me on it. My dress was heavy with water and clung to my body. Luckily, it wasn't white or it would have turned see through by now.

Landon heaved himself out of the water and noticed how the muscles in his arms bulged as he did. He then sat down beside me so that we were now both looking at the crystal blue water.

"So... I guess we need to talk about that," Landon said as the gestured vaguely towards the water where we had just been.

"We don't really have to," I say as I shake my head. To be quite honest I just really felt like forgetting everything that has happened tonight.

"But I want to." I could feel Landon's eyes on me, but I still couldn't find it in me to look at him.

"Well I don't so can you just drop it?" My voice rose a little at that statement, and I stood up and took off my heels that were now soaking wet just like the rest of me.

"Why are you being like this?"

"Like what Landon?" I was yelling now. "Please tell me how I am being, because I'm apparently always acting like a brat. I don't want to talk to you I just want to go home so please just let me." Still without looking at Landon I squeezed some water out of my skirt with one hand while grapping my shoes with the other, and began to walk out of the pool area.

I was almost out when Landon's voice stopped me.

"I know what I want."

---