~18~

Hey guys, here's the next one! it's a little short, but it's important because it leads up to the future chapters. Enjoy!

For the second time in a short while I woke up on Landon's couch. Although this was under different circumstances it still felt like a mayor dose of déjà vu.

Last night something had changed between us. I didn't know what it was and I couldn't explain it, but it was the first time I had seen Landon so vulnerable, so lost. And even though Landon and I may still be enemies to the rest of the world, I guess we were somewhat friends now. At least it felt like it, but what do I know. The guy changes personalities like he changes underwear, and you never know what you get from him.

When I open my eyes the living room is still dark and no lights are coming through the window. It obviously wasn't the light that woke me up so what was it? That question is answered not even minutes later when I hear a heavy pair of footsteps coming towards the couch. The lights are turned on and I am temporarily blinded. Beside me Landon groans. I feel him moving and a heavy arm drapes around my waist a pulls me closer, and I can't help but sigh. However the bliss is only temporary because when my vision returns I see someone standing above me looking down, and out of sheer fright I scream and topple down onto the ground. This also seems vaguely familiar.

The man standing above me is frightening to say the least. Not in the massive Hulk with tattoos and piercings, wearing leather jackets and driving motorcycles kind of frightening, but his broad shoulders and strong features expressed the kind of power that made me feel small and insignificant. All about him was sharp: his nose, his jaw, his expensive suit and his short salt and pepper hair. Even his piercing blue eyes seemed like they were cutting right through my skin and into my soul, and he wasn't happy about what he was seeing. He must be Landon and Ava's father.

"Dad," Landon says groggily confirming my suspicion. "What time is it?"

"Almost 4 am. Your mother and I just returned from New York." His voice is deep and emotionless, and it sends chills down my spine.

None of us says anything for a while; Mr. Rosario just continues to stare at me like I'm a bug under his expensive designer shoe, and Landon tiredly rubs his eyes as if trying to wake up. Finally he realizes that I am on the ground and reaches down to help me up, a gesture I at the moment could have lived without since it only brings me closer to the scary man above me.

"Dad this is Isabel Martins my, uhh, friend. Belle, this is my father Lawrence Rosario." It's clear that Landon hesitates in calling me a friend because he, like me, is still not quite sure what it exactly is that we are, but apparently Mr. Rosario interprets the hesitation a little differently.

"That is Mr. Rosario to you," he says as his heavy stare – if possible – grows even heavier before it turns to Landon. "Landon, how many times have I told you to keep your escapades to the bedroom? Your mother and I have no interest in even meeting your bed warmer, and what if your sister had walked in on you? Do you have no shame?"

Wait did he think...? Seriously, he thought that Landon and I had just had sex... on the couch? In the living room? Did I really look that cheap? I mean we were both fully clothed since we feel asleep before we could change yesterday, and there was nothing even remotely suggesting that we had sex at all.

"Oh we haven't-"

"Spare me the details and get out of here. My wife is on her way in and I'd rather spare her the sight."

"Excuse me?" Seriously, he didn't even let me finish? I was still intimidated by him, but right now I didn't care. He showed me no respect and therefore he didn't get to have mine. I just hoped that Landon would stop me from doing something stupid.